cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Measuring the length of a prompt recording?

In UCCX (9-11) is there a way to measure the length of a prompt file (in seconds)?

We have recorded prompts that will vary in length. I need to set a threshold limit on wait time based on the length of those prompts.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Our client requests a threshold limit on wait times before opt-out options should be announced. 

It would be far easier to use the Get Reporting Statistics step here instead and get the Current Wait Duration metric which will tell you exactly how long the caller has been in queue, in seconds.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You certainly can calculate the length of a prompt base on its contents, requires a bit of Java to do it.

However, in my opinion one should ask why does it need to be so precise, is there really any benefit to this degree of accuracy and is it worth the implementation cost, or the long term cost of maintaining a codebase that is increasingly more difficult?

If you're absolutely dead set on calculating prompt length you can load it into a byte buffer, a rough estimate is 8000 bytes per second of audio for G711. 

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks Tanner.

I have up to five marketing announcements that are interleaved with MoH. They also may be turned on or off any any time. The wait times will naturally vary greatly depending on the cumulative duration of any enabled announcements. Our client requests a threshold limit on wait times before opt-out options should be announced. So while it doesn't have to be an exact science, calculating a duration would be helpful.

In the interim I am providing a "wait budget" parameter (defaulting to 30 seconds) per enabled announcement (and the interleaved MoH). The wait times are compared after each enabled prompt, and if it exceeds the threshold I present the opt-outs. This should be fine as is. I was just exploring options.

Hope all is well.

Regards,

Brian

Our client requests a threshold limit on wait times before opt-out options should be announced. 

It would be far easier to use the Get Reporting Statistics step here instead and get the Current Wait Duration metric which will tell you exactly how long the caller has been in queue, in seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: