Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx outbound voice browser script

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Greetings!

I have uccx 12.1 ,cucm 12.5,imp 12.5 et all. I have a callback script set up that places a call to a customer who requests for call back.

However, I have seen some links on a web browser like "request for callback". When a customer clicks on it,fills the form ,he/she will recieve a call from the Agent. I have been searching on the internet to see if cisco uccx can handle this feature.

I have seen a sample script: "outbound voice browser ". I dont know if this script is the one that will handle it. I need someone to put me on the right track.

Thank you in anticipation!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the swift response.I will try it and get back to you on it
Meanwhile,is there anything like a web call to uccx using webtrc so that
customers can just click a call link on the website.
I know about cisco jabber guest but some people are not comfortable with

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the swift response.I will try it and get back to you on it
Meanwhile,is there anything like a web call to uccx using webtrc so that
customers can just click a call link on the website.
I know about cisco jabber guest but some people are not comfortable with

Dear Anthony,

I have seen the script:webcallback.aef.

In the html form where user will fill the form and request for call back, there is a url: "http://aupark-svr1.cisco.com:8080/webCallback.

I changed " aupark-srvl.cisco.com to uccx.domain.

The error says"no resource found "

What is the correct url?

Looks like on another thread you found out that 8080 is an older port, and that 9080 is the new HTTP port, but really, HTTPS on port 9443 is the way forward.

Ok. I prefer 9943. In the editor, I can see "get http contact " and not
"get https contact" funny ,right?
I will try it tomorrow as well as figuring why i cant see the waiting call
in the queue.

I get your point, but a lot of times people say/write HTTP to mean both, because technically it applies to both. One is HTTP alone, the other is HTTP over TLS, just abbreviated as HTTPS.

Hello Anthony,

Greetings! The port 9443 also works.However when a customer submits the web callback request from,it takes time for the uccx to display the confirmation page.I have observed that the reason might be that the call is in the queue waiting for the Agent to pick. If the Agent grabs the waiting call ,the page will now display. The customer does not need to wait for the Agent to grab the call before leaving.

Also ,the confirmation page is not display in a human readable format. Instead it displays the html code. What can be done to fix this issue?

You should be able to set HTTP headers for Content-Length and Content-Type.

uccx-webcallback-with-headers.png

Hello Anthony,it works. It is displaying now in the web format.
I am thinking if this will be possible using if statement and time object. Some users may prefer convinient time to recieve calls. I have added another input field so that the customer can choose their preferred time. I have current time set t(now). If current time matches the chose time,place call to the webcallback queue,else go to the current time...(confused here)
Can you give me some clues?

As long as you take care of the user input validation on the client side (I.e., Requesting a time which has already past, or requesting a time when you're closed), then this very simple example would cause a delay to occur until the desired time arrives, and then your Place Call step will execute afterwards.

Variables

String user_input = "3:45 PM"

Script

/* Calculate and delay for the needed amount of time */
Delay (t[user_input].getTime() - t[now].getTime()) / 1000 sec
/* Place Call Step Goes Next */

The magic is in the red, which basically just does a math subtraction problem on the two time values.  user_input will always be larger, because it's in the future (and time counts up).  The division by 1000 is because the time is precise to the 1000th of a second, but we only need to delay to the number of seconds.

In the script,which of the palette should i use? Iselected the delay
attribute and enter logical statment but it displays "parse error"

It is the delay step. Two things to check:
1) Sometimes the editor does mess up validations, and you just have to click OK twice to get past the error
2) Did you create the user_input String variable first?

My string for it is
customertime =""
The variable for time entered by the user is time
Set customertime = time

So,the Customertime replaces the user_input in the delay flag
If the customer enters 3:45 pm
time = 3:45 pm
customertime= 3:45 pm

I will check it again and let you know

Hello Anthony,

I am still having challenges(parse error) with the delay flag accepting the logical statement to delay the timer until the current time matches the user_input time.

Can you just send me a little uccx script with only the delay flag, user_input variable and other necessary variables needed to delay the time?

Update:

It's my fault. I entered 'Delay' and 'sec' in the statement .  I just read your statement  once again and figured out that 'delay' and 'sec' are not in red.

I will test it and update later

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: