cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX port licenses (enhanced)

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

On version 9.0.2, if the customer has standard or enhanced licenses, they get 300 ports as part of the deal. 

On the large OVA, you can run up to 400 CTI ports. 

How does a standard or enhanced user get from 300 to 400 ports?

TIA,

Cliff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct Clifford that the difference between the medium and large OVA is number of CPU's and the amount of RAM that can definitely be modified after shutting down the VM. However, to choose the number of agents based on which you actually get the CTI ports only come during the time when you first deploy OVA template.

So even though you will increase the hardware resources to match what a large OVA gives, the number of CTI ports will still remain same. As I said earlier, there is no other way unfortunately to increase the count other than what I mentioned earlier.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello Clifford.

If you purchase standard or enhanced licenses you actually purchage agent seats and can have any amount of IVR ports that support your server (maximum is 400 ports). You just need to deploy UCCX on large OVA.

One premium agent seat license gives you two IVR ports. So to get 400 IVR ports need to purchase 200 premium seats.

Please refer doc UCCX 9.0 Seat and license usage

In this case, they have enhanced.  But the licensing page says that 300 ports are licensed.  Thus....my original question. 

I'm thinking this may be a licensing case, but I'm not sure. 

Hi Cliff,

In case of standard and enhanced licenses, the number of CTI ports depend on the hardware model (actual server model in case of physical hardware or the type of OVA deployed in case of Virtual hardware). Now, assuming that your UCCX server is installed on a virtual environment i.e., UCS, here is what you will need to increase the count from 300 to 400

1) Take a DRS backup of your existing UCCX system

2) Delete the existing Virtual Machines on which UCCX is currently installed

3) Create the Virtual Machines again using the 9.0.2 OVA template and choose 400 agents template this time.

4) Install UCCX 9.0.2 using the bootable media

5) Restore the DRS backup that you took in Step 1

After following the above process, the number of CTI ports will increase from 300 to 400. Please note, there is no other way to increase the number of ports in case of Standard or Enhanced License

Regards

Deepak

The only difference between the medium and large OVA is the number of CPU's and the amount of RAM.

Shutting down the server, and increasing both to the large OVA size won't allow for the additional 100 ports?  We absolutely MUST do this at installation?

Cliff

You are correct Clifford that the difference between the medium and large OVA is number of CPU's and the amount of RAM that can definitely be modified after shutting down the VM. However, to choose the number of agents based on which you actually get the CTI ports only come during the time when you first deploy OVA template.

So even though you will increase the hardware resources to match what a large OVA gives, the number of CTI ports will still remain same. As I said earlier, there is no other way unfortunately to increase the count other than what I mentioned earlier.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

Is there a Cisco doc that officially states that this is the correct way to change OVA size? 

Thanks