Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX priority question on CSQ

Michael Endler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

i currently have a situation, where i do not understand, how a call will be treated correctly.

We have several calls and less agents, so we try to queue calls but prioritize some specific.

Here the situation: An agent is assigned to several queues.

I assume the call will be treated FIFO, if no priority is given.

I assume the call will be prioritized per queue
But what is if i prioritize a call in one queue and our agent is part of two queues?
If all agents are not ready, will call3 (see below) be given by priority, even if two other calls in both queues are earlier available?

For example:
Call1, Queue A, 9:00 a.m., priority= low
Call2, Queue B, 9:02 a.m., priority= low
Call3, Queue A, 9:03 a.m., priority= high

Best Regards

Michael

6 Replies 6

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
As long as you are using the set priority command in the script to raise Call 3 to a higher priority number than Calls 1 and 2, it will deliver first.

Hi Mike,

i thought calls in queue A and will be sorted by priority, same in queue B.

When it is given to agent, he will see both queues, but here it will be FIFO.

So you say, an agent would get both queues, but priority would be still in use, even if prioritized call is later arriving?

Hello,

Yes, the priority level will always be the first check if an agent is skilled for multiple queues.  Here is an example of how I also do this.

Agent 1 is skilled for Canada queue and French queue.

- French queue has script step for Set Priority = 10, Canada default priority is 5.

Call arrives in Canada queue at 10:00am

Call arrives in French queue at 10:05am

Agent 1 sets ready at 10:10am

Agent 1 will receive the French call first.

Hi Mike,

ok i tested it by queuing a call to multiple CSQs, with diffrent priorities, that did not work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/63710-multi-csqs-call.html

But with seperated pilot numbers to UCCX it is working as you said.

Thank you and best regards

Michael

Hello,

Great to hear it is working. I did make the assumption both queues had unique triggers.

You do not need separate triggers for Priority to work differently, just make sure you add the Priority step in correct spot to prioritize specific calls.  Priority is completely independent from CSQs and the logic of the script dictate which calls will be prioritized.