Helpful
Replies

UCCX REST API fails

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone

UCCX 12.5

I want to send the calling number to external service using REST API and receive information about customer like name and ID.

So when i make REST API i se the exception in UCCX java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.cisco.expression.Modifiable. The step is not going down it just stuck on "Make REST Call"

Genadi_0-1695644666586.png

Genadi_1-1695644779969.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

I found the solution. In RestAPI CALL the values like body,response,status and so one should be in string variables. I was using just "" symbols and that was the reason why RESTAPI CALL step was failing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

You tested the REST request with something like Postman and it works, right? Next step is either MIVR logs or a packet capture from your UCCX server to try and figure out what the network is seeing.

david

Developer from the external service reported that he can see request and they are successful. External service is also sending data back to UCCX but it seems that REST API CALL function is not working correctly as it is not going to " successful" or "unsuccessful" step.

Maybe open a TAC case or make sure you're at the latest version. I can tell you with 100% certainly that REST step works fine with 12.5 latest version.

david

Hi again. I tested it via Postman and for GET http://10.195.105.154:1001/api/v1/ClientCiscoService/595124213 i have a response:

{
    "data": {
        "name""რეზო  მიშველიძე",
        "id""38001044308"
    },
    "message"null,
    "detailsMessage"null,
    "externalState"0,
    "state"0,
    "errorCode"null,
    "validationErrors"null
}

So this is not the service side issue.

Break out the MIVR logs and see what they tell you.

david

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

I found the solution. In RestAPI CALL the values like body,response,status and so one should be in string variables. I was using just "" symbols and that was the reason why RESTAPI CALL step was failing.

ketanpatani
Level 1
Level 1

In MIVR logs, we can determine whether a request was successful or unsuccessful based on the response provided in the log entries. Successful requests typically include log entries indicating a positive response, such as "request completed successfully" or "response received." On the other hand, unsuccessful requests may include error messages, timeouts, or other indications of failure, such as "request failed" or "response not received." By analyzing the context and content of the log entries, we can identify whether the request was successful or unsuccessful.