Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Restore and Upgrade

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts, 

I just did a restore on my UCCX 10.X HA and the licenses are now invalid. Only seeing 3 tabs in CCX Administration also.

I am planning to upgrade the system to 11.X. Before I proceed in doing the upgrade, I believe I need to fix the 10.X license first as the services are not totally UP.

Or can I proceed despite the license is invalid?

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

Regards, 

Flo

3 Replies 3

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts, 

I just did a restore on my UCCX 10.X HA and the licenses are now invalid. I am planning to upgrade the system to 11.X. Before I proceed in doing the upgrade, I believe I need to fix the 10.X license first as the services are not totally UP.

Or can I proceed despite the license is invalid?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards, 

Flo

Hi there

Seems like the license MAC got changed. Any change of below parameters will change the License MAC

You can verify the licenses from UCCXApplication Administration > Licenses > Display page and check the License MAC

Your best bet is to touch base with Cisco licensing team/TAC to resolve the licensing issue and then proceed for upgrade

• Time zone
  • NTP Server 1 (or ‘none’)
  • NIC speed (or ‘auto’)
  • Hostname
  • IP Address
  • IP Mask
  • Gateway Address
  • Primary DNS
  • SMTP Server (or ‘none’)
  • Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would wager, though I don't know for certain, that you would want to fix your licensing issue first before you upgrade. The reason I think this, is because it stands to reason, that Cisco is not obligated to migration the data for components which are out of service or not licensed.