Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - RingRing loop

csg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

A particular contact centre that I am developing requires that the UK ring back tone is played for 30 seconds to the caller whilst waiting for an available agent. After 30 seconds a message waiting prompt is played followed by the ring back tone for another 30s.  This loop continues for 6 passes before the script takes an alternative route or an agent becomes available.

My question is that the ring back tone wav file is only a couple of seconds in length so would it be better to edit this file to increase its play time to 30 seconds or could I use a loop in the script to loop around and play the file for 30 seconds?  If its the latter is there any timer feature in the script that I could use to determine how long the loop has been in progress?  If this sort of feature is available or can be programmed then it would be preferred as it would give me more control should the 30 second count be changed at a later date.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no counter that tracks the loop time, you simply need to create a loopCounter integer that is incremented every time in the loop, and then knowing how long the loop is you can control your time, for example assume the loop is 30 seconds, and you need 3 minutes of queue, then your logic will be as following:

queue label

if loopCounter == 6

true goto ...

false

play prompt (30 sec)

inrememnt loopCounter

goto queue

HTH,

Chris