cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting Build Discussion with precision queuing

Random5000
Level 1
Level 1

Client has two teams for answering calls but wants to allow overlapping access to calls with certain constraints.

calls are currently separated by an option menu in the beginning. They have the same trigger.

Example "ideal"call flow to demonstrate:

Call comes in-->caller selects for Team A-->all team A agents are busy--> For 60 seconds, call waits in queue and can only be answered by Team A agents--> after 60 seconds, Team B agents can answer call but priority should still be given to Team A agents if available.

Client also wants to work the same way for a Team B call ie

Call comes in-->caller selects for Team B-->all team B agents are busy--> For 60 seconds, call waits in queue and can only be answered by Team B agents--> after 60 seconds, Team A agents can answer call but priority should still be given to Team B agents if available.

The only solution I could come up with is having 4 CSQs, csq with only Team A access, csq with Team A priority but also Team B access (based on skill), csq with only Team B access, and csq with Team B priority but also Team A access.

Any thoughts on this?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You're heading down the right path, but having to dequeue and then re-queue the call for that second half, is going to make your reports a little messier than before. As long as you're ok with that, or can solve it with custom reporting, then I say go for it.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This sounds like a textbook use case for simultaneous queueing to me. Nest a second Select Resource step inside the queued branch of the first one after the 60 seconds of wait.

As for agents in the first-level CSQ remaining more preferred than the second-level match: that isn’t possible in this scenario. There are no first-level CSQ agents available or the caller wouldn’t still be in queue a minute later. Assuming there are no agents already Ready to choose from in the second-level CSQ either, only a single agent can go ready at a time if you consider this a single-threaded decision with microsecond precision. Even if two humans ended a call at the same second one of the agents has to change state to Ready first and that will be the agent Reserved for the call regardless of which CSQ they are in. The entire agent competency rating on the Skill only works when a call presents to a Select Resource step and there are multiple agents already in a Ready state.

ah I think I see what you are saying.

Once the call has been in the queue for 60 seconds, meaning no team A agents were available, at that point you dont need to give a higher priority because the call should go to whoever is next available, whether it is team A agent or team B agent. Correct?

That's a nice deep look into what's happening, and I couldn't agree more with this approach. The reporting is still messy, but you do not have to create additional CSQs. It would be fantastic if Cisco brought Precision routing to UCCX.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: