Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting Configuring a Date Range

Onabowale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys
I am looking to setup a UCCX script similar to the popular holiday check script. (Maybe not even required)
I am comfortable with specific dates using .xml files with the holidaycheck script
However, what I am trying to achieve is to specify a date range.

Simple example: Between 4th July - 30th September, I want to transfer the calls to A, between 1st October to 31st January, I want to transfer the call to  B and so on. Also bearing in mind the dates may not necessarily be from beginning to end of month.

Can I configure "date from and to" and/or if not at all possible, can I please get some advice?
Look forward to your assistance

Many Thanks

Jide

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jide

I have a script that does just this but the dates are hard coded rather than stored in an XML file.

I call this script as a subflow as shown below.

If basically uses D(now) to write the date to a variable then uses multiple If statements to check whether the date falls within a range.

I originally wrote this because the customer wanted specific holiday messages - e.g Easter 2013 - rather than generic ones.

I guess you could use the techniques above in conjunction with the XML logic in the script you posted to get an XML driven solution.

Hope this helps

James

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jide

I have a script that does just this but the dates are hard coded rather than stored in an XML file.

I call this script as a subflow as shown below.

If basically uses D(now) to write the date to a variable then uses multiple If statements to check whether the date falls within a range.

I originally wrote this because the customer wanted specific holiday messages - e.g Easter 2013 - rather than generic ones.

I guess you could use the techniques above in conjunction with the XML logic in the script you posted to get an XML driven solution.

Hope this helps

James

Many Thanks James

I get the idea and seems to work well for me

James,

Thank you for sharing this piece of the script. I'm very new to CCX Scripting. I see you have the IF statement built out with the date ranges, do you have the steps on how to create the IF statement properly? I attempted but failed with syntax errors.

Thank you for the knowledge

Courtney

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: