Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Silent Monitoring Tone

mikee2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've configured silent monitoring for a customer which is working fine. They requested that the tone be played both to the agent and customer so I set both service parameters to true. They are reporting that the tone is being played every 30 seconds but I can't seem to find the information in the documentation if that is the expected behavior or whether it is just supposed to play at the beginning? They are only wanting it to be played at the beginning of the call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mikee2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As an update I contacted TAC on this. Firstly I didn't mention above that these are remote users on Jabber. Although it works it is not a supported feature so nothing can be done.

However if you are using desk phones there is way. Although cucm does not have a parameter to change this there is an alternative way to get this to work. **Note** It is not officially supported by BU. Basically we need to download a couple of xml files and edit them.

There are two files which is responsible to play the tone and it has the time settings.

o   file view tftp /united_states/g3-tones.xml

o   file view tftp /united_states/g4-tones.xml

There’s a file named tones-g3.xml and tones-g4.xml that contain all the configurations related on how the tones should be played on the phones. They’re locale dependent as the values contained there describe the frequency, period on, period off, repetition count, and so on.

The original value of this xml file regarding monitoring are:

<tone c1="30831" i1="-2032" c2="30831" i2="-2032" d="17" t="monitoring">

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<part m="on" t="500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<repeat c="65535"/>

</tone>

Which means that it should play a tone of 1500ms then wait 8 seconds and play another tone of 0.5seconds and wait another 8 seconds. After that, it should be repeated 65535 times.

Please note that the values here are set according to international standards as defined by ETSI or ITU-T. Because of this, we don’t recommend that the parameters be changed.

However, as best effort support we can change it to:

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000”/>

<repeat c="0"/>

</tone>

Which means to play a tone of 1.5 seconds at the beginning and repeat it 0 times.

++Once its changed, if you want to apply to the phones you need to upload to the TFTP server after you save it and restart TFTP service and reset the phone to see if it takes the change. Else, changing the locale of the phone and moving back to your locale again will force the phones to download these files , however phones will be reset.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

While this doesn't answer your question, they are reporting similar behavior but at different intervals, so it would seem that it is configurable in some manner?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/monitoring-recording-notification-tone-interval/td-p/3064812

Jonas Fraga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not sure at all, but have you look at Announcements on CUCM if you have one with tone only audio applied? Maybe there is a frequency parameter to play repeatedly every X seconds.

mikee2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As an update I contacted TAC on this. Firstly I didn't mention above that these are remote users on Jabber. Although it works it is not a supported feature so nothing can be done.

However if you are using desk phones there is way. Although cucm does not have a parameter to change this there is an alternative way to get this to work. **Note** It is not officially supported by BU. Basically we need to download a couple of xml files and edit them.

There are two files which is responsible to play the tone and it has the time settings.

o   file view tftp /united_states/g3-tones.xml

o   file view tftp /united_states/g4-tones.xml

There’s a file named tones-g3.xml and tones-g4.xml that contain all the configurations related on how the tones should be played on the phones. They’re locale dependent as the values contained there describe the frequency, period on, period off, repetition count, and so on.

The original value of this xml file regarding monitoring are:

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<part m="on" t="500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000"/>

<repeat c="65535"/>

</tone>

Which means that it should play a tone of 1500ms then wait 8 seconds and play another tone of 0.5seconds and wait another 8 seconds. After that, it should be repeated 65535 times.

Please note that the values here are set according to international standards as defined by ETSI or ITU-T. Because of this, we don’t recommend that the parameters be changed.

However, as best effort support we can change it to:

<part m="on" t="1500"/>

<part m="off" t="8000”/>

<repeat c="0"/>

</tone>

Which means to play a tone of 1.5 seconds at the beginning and repeat it 0 times.

++Once its changed, if you want to apply to the phones you need to upload to the TFTP server after you save it and restart TFTP service and reset the phone to see if it takes the change. Else, changing the locale of the phone and moving back to your locale again will force the phones to download these files , however phones will be reset.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: