Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX supervisor desktop showing bogus/stuck calls waiting

sbeaveritt
Level 1
Level 1

We are running UCCX 7 and CUCM 7

We have several contact center queues set up for our helpdesk. Today, the supervisor app shows 1 call waiting in 2 different queues, yet there arre agents logged in/ready and any new calls coming in are being routed to the logged in agents. It appears these may just be bogus calls that didn't clear or we have a couple of callers stuck in a queue. Any way to clear these? Any reason this would happen?

Scott

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could search for "uccx calls stuck in queue" and see that many people have had this problem.

While I have never seen an explanation, I have been told that the way you handle your contacts via scripting can produce unpredicable results.

Examples:

Call Redirecting to Translation patterns which translate to UCCX triggers

Not placing a small delay in the script prior to the Accept step

Using a single String variable to hold a CSQ name, queue to it, change the variable value, then queue to the new name

As for clearing the Contacts, you have two options:

1. I forget which version of UCCX this was introduced in, but I do think it's in 7x, you can use the Real Time Reporting found within AppAdmin to view a list of active Contacts, select the ones which have been active for a long period of time (say 1 hour or more) and clear them.  Note that if you do this to a legit Contact it will drop their call.

2. Restart the UCCX Engine (or the entire server for that matter).  This will drop all calls active on the system and cause a failover to the HA node if you have HA.

If you felt comfortable doing so, you could post up your script logic, and we can review it for possible problem areas, and work towards effeciency and stability.

I hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks for your reply Anthony. I didn't realize you could clear contacts from the real time reporting. Just as a side not, I had 2 different queues with stuck calls, so I made a test call so that I would end up in the queue witht the stuck call. I was directed immediately to a ready agent and after I ended my call the stuck call cleared. Worked for both queues.

Thanks again. I will take a look at the script also.

Scott

Hi Anthony,

I have this problem with UCCX version 12.5. Is it Ok if I upload my script for you to look and see if you can find anything wrong with the script?

Thanks,

MK