cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade, 8.5 to 10.5 and CAD auto update.

chrisnoon11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am about to perform a UCCX upgrade from 8.5 to 10.5.  Will I need to have my users uninstall the old CAD version and reinstall the new version?  Or will CAD auto-update to the new version?  I know that during past upgrades, auto-update worked as expected, but I wasn't sure if 2 major version difference would cause issues, and could not find any documentation about this. 

Thanks!

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should work the same way as before.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should work the same way as before.  

Great. Thank you Chris!

Just wanted to follow up and report that this did function as expected when upgrading from 8.5SU4 to 10.5SU1, with one minor caveat.  We did encounter bug CSCur77225:

AnyConnect 3.1.05152 unexpected interaction with Cisco Agent Desktop 9.x
CSCur77225
Symptom:
AnyConnect client connection is disconnected when CAD 9.x software is installed/upgraded on the same machine. (With no active AnyConnect client connection, The CAD install/upgrade process forces the AnyConnect GUI to launch.

Seems like a pretty silly bug to me but hey... no big deal, except for remote uses who could not update CAD without an active VPN connection.  Workaround was to just send the installer to the users and have them manually install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: