cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX V.10.X - Reports Limitation of 8000 rows

PC PC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,  since we migrate to UCCX v10  our monthly repport are limited to 8000 rows.

This is well documented at Cisco.

Anyone knows a workaround for that ? 

We need to do bigger report

thanks

13 Replies 13

fenilantony
Level 1
Level 1

any updates on this workaround

Hi

You'll need to break down your report - .e.g rather than running it for a month, run it per day and then merge the results.

Or perhaps there is another way - for example, you might be able to put together a custom report that summarises the data effectively. Typically if you are outputting thousands of rows, it's for further processing rather than actually reading all the rows - so you can get the CCX DB/CUIC to do this processing for you.

If you can detail your use case, we may be able to help further.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

But this is not a good solution for 100+ agents contact centers

It probably is... but then you aren't really giving any detail to allow this discussion to progress.

As I said before, detail your use case and problme and a solution will probably appear.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We are trying to generate the below historical report from UCCX-CUIC 10.5.1 Reporting for the last six months however we always getting the data till 24th of each month and not till the end of the month. Please find attached print screen for the same.

The report name is "common skill CSQ activity report"

60 minutes intervals and all queues.

So... if, in theory, CUIC output all the rows for the whole report period, who looks through 50,000 rows of 1-hour interval data? I'm guessing no one reads that directly.

Or put another way - what further processing do you do with the data to make it useful management information? I'm guessing you would load it into Excel and do some form of summarisation?

Aaron

But we got this request from our contact center. And we informed them that

8,000 rows is a hard limit of the CUIC interface, we cannot change it.

I know. And that IS true.

What I'm asking is why would anyone want more than 8000 rows of boring figures?

What they are probably doing is taking those rows, and summarising them in Excel, so that they are in a format that shows one row per agent, or per queue, or some graphs that the management want to see.

Your job is to find out what they do with the data, and when you know that you can consider what CUIC can do to produce the data in a format closer to the final report they want to produce. 

Any set of data with more than 8000 rows is not going to the the final product, it will be something that is fed into further processes.

its true, but let me know if any new workaround for this particular issue.

Anthony

There is no workaround or quick fix. 

You need to understand your user's requirements, and provide them a considered solution rather than just keep looking for a quick fix. 

I've given you the answer, but you are asking the same question over and over...

Aaron

Any new updates?

There will never be updates to this.

If you want more than 8,000 rows returned, you can do so by getting a 3rd party reporting tool.

If you have programming experience (plenty of it) you could write an application that connects to the UCCX server and executes the stored procedure from the report that you're running.  There is virtually no limit on the number of rows the stored proceedure itself will return, and once returned you can then write those results to a CSV file for further processing or load the rows directly into a database somewhere.  This is frustratingly tedious, even for an experienced programmer though, so don't jump into it lightly if you opt for this path.

Hi Eric

Thanks for confirming my responses (+5).

To the OP : there are lots of solutions offered here. If it's important, and you don't have the skills to implement any of them, then get a Cisco partner or SQL/dev guy in to do it if it's important.

There's no point just keeping asking the same question.

Aaron