Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX with Jabber for Windows

wscotty2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can UCCX use Jabber for Windows instead of IP communicator for call control or is this unsupported at this time?

thanks,                 

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, no, it is not supported with UCCX at this time.

Take a look at this doc for compatible phones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Can Jabber be used with UCCX in IM/Presence-only mode?  Or is it basically to the point where UCCX agents can't have Jabber at all?

Hi Paul

In 9.0(2) UCCX you can use Jabber as an agent phone.

Prior to that you can't, but I'm not aware of any reason to not use Jabber for IM. I've not yet done any deployments where people were using Jabber with phone CTI controlling the same phone as CAD, but again I don't see why it shouldn't work in theory.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Regarding the IM-only part, I meant more the reverse.  Is it possible for UCCX agents on UCCX 8.5 to run the Jabber for Windows client in an IM-only mode, to bypass the compatibility issues with the phone side?  Most of our agents use desk phones, so the soft phone functionality in Jabber for Windows isn't really a factor.  The "on a call" presence info would be nice, but it'd be considered a nice-to-have, vs. a requirement.  They don't have it with Lync now.

Absolutely, you can use Jabber for IM/P only without logging into the softphone/desk phone component of it, simply don't setup the CUCM telephony account on Jabber.

HTH,

Chris

Assuming we're following the best practice of deploying the jabber-config.xml file to the TFTP server, does that still apply?  Trading off on not doing that, and requiring all non-UCCX users to log in to the CUCM component in addition to the Jabber client itself wouldn't be a fair trade, I think.

Hi Aaron,

With UCCX 9.0(2), assume Silent Monitoring and Recording works for Jabber's agent as well?

And, believe Jabber will be suitable deployment for remote agent (I.e home agent).

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: