cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade UCCX windows 7.0.1 to VM 8.5.1- FAILING !

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

I have a live version of UCCX on version 7.0.1 SR05.

I am using the tool

CiscoUnifiedCCXPreUpgradeToolInstaller_851.exe

I installed this on the existing server and did a backup ok.

I sucessfully installed 8.5.1 to the C210 VM. I then initialised the system and pointed it to the backup file.

I installed using the correct license file.

I get an error about the Deployment type not matching the node.

Anyone know what is wrong ??

Any Help Appreciated.

Install Failure.JPG

FYI : I am using

License for CCX-UPGEHA70-85K9=  CCX ENH HA 7.0 HA to 8.5 HA ENH UCSS Major Upgrade

Looks like its the correct license to me !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I suspect you may have made UCCX schoolboy error number 1 :-)

In the text-based install section, there is a question of whether you intend to use Communications Manager, or Communications Manager Express. A quick mental link gets made, and you select 'Express' as you are installing Contact Centre Express. Oops!

Can't say for sure, and I don't know how to check honestly. If you select 'fresh install' rather than upgrade you might start seeing CUCME related questions rather than a prompt to enter the publisher details.

AFAIK, the only remedy is a rebuild.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi

Yes, Communications Manager = CallManager - you select CM Express if it's a CM express deployment. Is that the case? If so you are correct to select it. If you are using server-based CallManager, then you select Communications Manager Express.

I've just seen other engs may the same mistake.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I suspect you may have made UCCX schoolboy error number 1 :-)

In the text-based install section, there is a question of whether you intend to use Communications Manager, or Communications Manager Express. A quick mental link gets made, and you select 'Express' as you are installing Contact Centre Express. Oops!

Can't say for sure, and I don't know how to check honestly. If you select 'fresh install' rather than upgrade you might start seeing CUCME related questions rather than a prompt to enter the publisher details.

AFAIK, the only remedy is a rebuild.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron -

I did indeed select 'express' - well spotted ?!?

I have say when it asked the question I thought it was refering to Call Manager.

I have included the my Version screen of my existing version below.

So - I take it I select 'Communications Manager'

I dont mind a rebuild - but I better answer all the questions the same to ensure my license doesnt change !!

Hi

Yes, Communications Manager = CallManager - you select CM Express if it's a CM express deployment. Is that the case? If so you are correct to select it. If you are using server-based CallManager, then you select Communications Manager Express.

I've just seen other engs may the same mistake.

Aaron