cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading UCCX from 8.5(1)SU3 to SU4 - does it require a CAD update?

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just a quick question that hopefully someone can answer. We're upgrading UCCX from 8.5(1)SU3 to SU4, and I'm just wondering if Desktop Agent will require an update? My worry is that we have a lot of remote sites, and I'm hoping that CAD doesn't require an update, and if it does will it require admin rights on the PC?

Thanks, Will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for that, took me a while to find it in that doc! Oh well, that's going to cause a lot of work for me

The CAD should automatically upgrade on the next login, so you can make the agents aware of this coming and then when they login after the upgrade they get prompted to perform the  upgrade.

HTH,

Chris

Ah ok, so it wouldn't necessarily need admin rights to upgrade it? I've got no way of testing it before the night of the upgrade, but didn't want to have to remote onto all the PCs to upgrade it with my admin account.

The upgrade requires admin rights.  So if the users don't have that, you'll have to remote in and do the upgrade as your admin account. 

I agree, it would be nice to be able to upgrade the clients ahead of time (using software distribution) and have downward compatability.  The customization and upgrade required immediately after upgrade is difficult to coordinate. 

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah it's a pain when I've got over 100 to upgrade!

FYI stop with SU4 and dont go to 9, wait until 10 comes out. 9 doesnt allow multiple close codes like 8 does. 9 also REQUIRES an OLDER version of Java to INSTALL the client, nothing like working backwards.