Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice is Breaking During IVR

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Gents,

We are facing isssue in IVR. When user calls to our toll free number during IVR the voice is getting break. Kindly suggest me how to resolve the issue.

7 Replies 7

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the issue also happening when you call the number internally. If yes, then the problem is mainly with the prompts itself I believe. If that is the case, please ensure they are recorded in below specs:

Bit rate :64 kbps
Audio Sample Size : 8 bit
Channel : 1 mono
Audio Sample rate : 8 khz
Audio Format : CCIT - u -Law

Regards

Deepak

Internally we are  not facing any issue, only calls from externally break in voice.

Hi Siva,

Can you please tell how you are dialling internally?

Voice is Breaking during IVR

You mean Choppy Audio? please confirm.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Siva,

Kindly confirm your dialing method .  And explain the call flow . 

It is happening for all the calls or intermittently   

If intermittently  please check with MPLS or over the  WAN link  bandwidth  utilization .

If all the calls please check the Audio file format and can you replace the audio file and do the stale in voice gateways. “set http client cache stale “

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Here is the call flow:

PSTN >> PRI >> Gateway >> SIP >> CUCM >> UCCX >> IVR prompt ---- PSTN 800XXXXàredirecting did number---PRI-GATEWAY—CUCM---CTI-UCCX-IVR

Intermittently issue occurs.

Dear Ritesh,

We dial internally by Directory number.  

There is break in IVR when we call from externally either toll free number or DID number.

We face a similar issue. 

Internally and even externally, everything is fine. But the toll free number is where it get's choppy and low quality. So we confirmed that it is our toll free number provider. 

I reckon it's the same for you.