Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Recording and Extension Mobility

Have a customer that is using the Mercom Voice Recording software to record agents in a call Center. They are having some problems when an agent logs into a phone using extension mobility. Has anyone seen this product work and is there some specific things that need to be done? Have a call into mercom, but I look to my fellow networkers for good answers.

3 Replies 3

We're currently experiencing an issue with Mercom (who was bought out by Varint) in which the Call Recording Server does not pickup Start-Call packets from CM when a user 1st logs into an IP phone using extension mobility.  However, the packets and recordings do work after the CTI authentication to CM from the Recording Server is refreshed.  Once the user logs out and back in to the phone, packets are no longer being sent from CM.  If seems as if the CM only sends the packets to the Call Recording Server only after a CTI authentication refresh.  We are using an Application User for CTI access to CM.

The link provided above no longer works and was wondering if there were any other leads.  We have the vendor working on the issue, but was curious to see if anyone ran into a similar issue when dealing with Extension Mobility and Mercom Call Recording solution(s).

My CM version is 8.0.3.

ck

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the case but here is some tips for the SIP recording systems :

As for the SIP recording to work , the actual phone need to be added to the application user , means that the phones (Mac address) needs to be associated with the application user that the recording systems uses , the EM profile doesn't need to be associated to the application user.

All what you have to do from the EM profile is to enable the recording profile.

If the call is negotiated for G.729 you have to be careful with this , the transcoder profile needs to be re-ordered for the codecs to let this work.

Amer