cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VVB host-to-ip configuration non-vip

John Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Moving away from VXMLGW to VVB and I am curious about having multiple entries in the VVB host-to-ip configuration.   Today I have something like this

mediaserver Datacenter1_ip1, Datacenter1_ip2

mediaserver-backup Datacenter 2_ip1, Datacenter2_ip2

The vvb looks a little different.  If i want all of my Datacenter1 IPs to resolve under "mediaserver" is that possible

5 Replies 5

Hi, if I'm following your question, what you listed is what you'll want, so in VVB A side, 
1.1.1.1 mediaserver 
2.2.2.2 mediaserver-backup

and in VVB B side you'll have
2.2.2.2 mediaserver
1.1.1.1 mediaserver--backup 

I am looking for something like this:   Assuming i have 2 COM Servers per side, i want the two on side a configured as mediaserver, and the two on the peer side to be mediaserver-backup

VVB A Side

mediaserver 1.1.1.1  1.1.1.2

mediaserver-backup 1.2.1.1  1.2.1.2

VVB Side B

mediaserver 1.2.1.1  1.2.1.2

mediaserver-backup 1.1.1.1  1.1.1.2

Not sure what you mean by the COM server, but there's only the one IP address for each entry. Do you mean something like this, so it is trying local servers to that location?

VVB A Side

mediaserver 1.1.1.1

mediaserver-backup 1.1.1.2

VVB Side B

mediaserver 2.1.1.1

mediaserver-backup 2.1.1.2

John Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I am trying to get multiple ip addresses per entry like I have today on our VXML Gateways.  Sounds like my only option then is to have a VIP.

I might not be following but what logic/function does having the multiple entries get you? Is it that you're trying to have some type of 4x redundancy for it, vs the 2x that is standard as far as mediaserver and mediaserver-backup?