Views
Helpful
Replies

Wait timer in CVP Call Studio?

ssielaff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a question.  Is there a wait timer in Call studio?  I have an application that attempts to get information from a rest client.  The client way specify that it is still gathering data.  So the proposal is to set a wait timer for 5 seconds and try again.  

ICM has a simple wait timer.  CVP has an outbound caller wait timer.  I have not found another timer.

Could the outbound caller element work as just a wait timer when there is no outbound call?

Is there an easy method to provide a wait timer that I am missing, like an action element?

Thank you all!

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

You may explore Subdialog Invoke, below from CVP call studio guide:

The Subdialog Invoke element initiates a subdialog invocation to another VoiceXML application, and
handles passing data to and from the application. For the entire duration while a subdialog application is
handling a call, the calling application waits in a dormant state for the subdialog to return. The goal of the
Subdialog Invoke element is to allow voice applications to be invoked across multiple servers, as well as
giving temporary control of the call to a voice application (such as flat VoiceXML and JSPs) created outside Call Studio.

Link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp11_6/programming/guide/ccvp_b_element-specifications-for-cisco-unified-cvp11-6.pdf

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Or you can just use Connect Timeout of Webservice Element.

Don't the connect timeout and the read timeout settings in the REST element give you what you want?