Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex CC Audio prompts recordings

Hi All,

In UCCX, I had the option to record a greeting (xml doc and prompt management script) and incorporate the newly recorded greeting into my primary call flow for emergency or daily messages. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a similar function in the Webex Contact Center, and I suggested to the end user to use ciscoprompts.com for text-to-speech conversion, followed by uploading to Webex CCMP. However, for the past two weeks, https://www.ciscoprompts.com/portal has been experiencing issues (frequently undergoing maintenance and unavailable to end-users). Since this is a daily task, using Audacity to record and convert to a WxCC-compatible format is not a feasible solution. Does anyone have any ideas or workarounds that would enable end-users to change the audio recording on the go?

I believe I might be able to achieve this using Webex Connect, but I haven't completed my digital channel provisioning yet. Are there any other alternatives or suggestions for addressing this issue?

Regards,

17 Replies 17

Hi Shalid,

Glad to hear that it works!

Most of the code that I work on are "Proof of concept" designs.  So code is definitely not production ready.  Hence, all the disclaimers on gitHub. 

Also, they are running off my AWS and onRender.com accounts, which just allows me quick deployment... etc.  and can be taken offline at any moment.

Maybe have a conversation with Dimitri Bokatov.  Also, I heard the BU was developing the ability to do recordings from the Flow Editor, so things to come.  I created this app, I think over a year ago, to showcase the art of possibilities with Webex CC widgets.

No reason a customer or partner couldnt design something similar as a paid/supported widget.  But there are still some hurdles, like the the write access-token, that is still not part of the Supervisor Desktop, etc, etc

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
Niko

Dimitri Bokatov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi guys,

We are in the process of releasing the new "Record Activity" which completes the recording in the IVR WAV format. You will be able to record max 120 seconds. The lifetime of the WAV file will be till the end of the call. But for that use case, you will be able to use the HTTP Request activity together with Webex CC API for saving the file in the Webex CC audio folder (https://developer.webex-cx.com/documentation/audio-files/v1/create-audio-file)
Please reach me 1-1 (with the org ID) if you want your tenant to be available for Early Access (once the feature is released)

DimitriBokatov_1-1706566555397.png

Regards,

Dimitri

Hi @Dimitri Bokatov, now that we have a Record activity and a HTTP Request activity... Could you explain how we can tie the two together and the HTTP Request configured to upload a recording to the Audio Recordings repository of WxCC? Thanks!