Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webview cannot login

Hi,

We have an IPCC 7.5.1 and just installed the Webview on AW. During the installation I didn't receive any error. After the installation, I added the user into the Webview groups through the Domain Manager tool. I tried to login with this user, but I receive the error message

"Invalid User name or password.

Try again."

I checked the services and all the related services are running. I checked the ServletExec log and I found the following error:

[Wed Jun 22 17:56:48 EEST 2011] Error - Authentication Error:

[Wed Jun 22 17:56:48 EEST 2011] Error - Instance = inst

[Wed Jun 22 17:56:48 EEST 2011] Error - InstanceDN = OU=INST,OU=GR-FACILITY,OU=CISCO_ICM,DC=ICAP,DC=GR

[Wed Jun 22 17:56:48 EEST 2011] Error - Authentication timed out(60000). Please check communication delay between WebView server and Active Directory Domain.

Does anyone knows what does this mean?

Thank you,

Agelos

13 Replies 13

Hello,

From the user variable , does the user have the webview option ?

And are you using the right URL ?

http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/instance

Amer

Hi Amer,

Regarding the users, I added them into the Webview groups, according to the documentation. For the URL I'm using the proper one, because I'm getting the login page of Webview. My issue is when I'm trying to login. The system takes a long of time (about a minute) and then I receive the error regarding the Invalid username or password. I checked the servletexec.log and I can see that it's not actually a wrong username or password, but it get time out waiting the Active Directory to respond and authenticate the user.

Agelos

Hello,

Did you try to login with domain\user on the webview?

Amer

Amer,

I tried this as well with no result. I also tried with different users and not only with one user. Nothing chenged.

Agelos

So even the admin user is not working ?

Amer

Exactly. Not even the admin user. This is the strange thing. That's why I believe it's not actually related to a wrong username or password. I belive that the message from the log of servletexec is true and gets time out waiting the Active Directory to reply.

Agelos

THis is really strange , i had the same problem once but it was on upgrade and there was no solution from cisco and i had to re-image the whole HDS server.

Just one thing that cisco pointed.

both of these links can open the webview:

http://XX.XX.XX.XX/webview

http://XX.XX.XX.XX/instance

but the first one will never let you login whatever the username and password , but it will opne the URL so always make sure to typethe instance name after the URL, i am doing some checking on my lab for this, will get back to you if i find something.

Just a silly question , you did install the 3rd party tools for the webview and the installation was successful right ?

Amer

Thanks for the info. I double checked the url and always using the proper one. Regarding the 3rd party tools installation, I didn't have any issues. I haven't received any error message and I checked the services as well and all look proper.

Agelos

Hello,

Can you please try this :

go to the configuration manager , tools -> list tools -> user list

click on add a user , type the same name on the domain on the user parameter , the system will ask you to associate the user with ICM , check yes and then click on save , when you save , the user will have the webview checkbox enabled by default (this should happen if you add the user to the webview members from he domain manager).

After this try to change the password from the user list , beside the password there is a change password button , click on it and change the password then save it , after that try to login.

let me know how it will goes.

Amer

Hi Amer,

I tried the solution you proposed, but nothing changed. I still getting the same messages.

Aggelos

Hi, WebView AFAIK works with IE > 7.0 only. Are you trying to use a different browser?

G.

Hi,

Is the issue resolved ?

what is the version of your browser .

Hi,

The issue has been resolved. It was a bit tricky. The domain where the Webview was installed, has a few child domains with different IPCC installations. The Webview installation was done on the parent domain. During the user authentication, the system was looking into all the child domains. There was a communication issue between the Webview server and the rest of the child domains, so the request was timed out. As soon as we resolved this communication issue, the authentication was done immidiately.

Thank you all for your support.

Agelos