cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between "Dequeue" and "Set Contact Info = Handled"?

Debra Chittick
Level 4
Level 4

What is the difference between "Dequeing" and "Set Contact Info = Handled"?

I am trying to transfer a call from our Contact Center to an extension and I've seen examples of both of these.  I have not seen them used together and there is no explanation as to why choose one over the other.

Thank you,

Debbie

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Debbie,

Set contact info simply sets the contact to handled for reporting purposes it does not dequeue the call from CSQ, to dequeue a call you need to use the dequeue step.

HTH,

Chris

Adding to Chris' response: The Dequeue step is required when you want to leave the Queued branch of a Select Resource step in the script. If you do not dequeue the caller *before* leaving the Queued branch the call may become "stuck" in queue from the viewpoint of the database.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

So, it sounds like I need to do both steps.  Does it matter which step comes first?  If I had to guess, I would set the Contact Info = Handled and then Dequeue the call and then, send to finish label (where I have a Terminate call and End flag).

Would that be the best approach?

Thank you,

Debbie

Yes, do both.  I typically dequeue before setting contact info, but I don't think it matters. I suppose you could run into racing condition where call gets presented to agent before dequeued.

Chris

This was for a ReDirect to an extension (which is in a string variable set as a parameter).  Do I need to Dequeue and Set Contact Info = Handled with the Connected portion of a "Select Resource" step? 

No you do not need to add the "set contact info" at Connected portion. When a call is connected, it will automatically set this call as Handled.

When a call is waiting in a queue, if Max wait time is reached and call is redirected to another destination (such as Voice mail), you need to have a dequeue step inserted before call leave the queue. I would not set contact info = handled here. Dequeue step will make this call showing as dequeued in Historical Report for CSQ. If you set contact info to handled, there will be no difference between this call (redirected to a different destination) and a call be answered by an agent.

Hope this helps.

Wenqian