cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the set priority step relevant to?

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Is it setting the call's priority in the CSQ, the script, or the contact?

Ideally, I want the two CSQs in one app/script

If a call comes in on trigger 1234, set priority to 2, go to CSQ 2

If it comes in on trigger 4321, set priority to 1, go to CSQ 1

The situation is that I have a few select agents that will be taking calls exclusively for CSQ1(kind of a VIP line), but as well as CSQ2.

So say the entire contact center is swamped, regular and VIP agents. If there's 3 regular calls in queue and 1 VIP, I want the VIP call to go to a VIP agent as soon as they become available regardless of how long the regular calls have been waiting for.

But if there is no VIP calls, the VIP agents should continue receiving the regular calls.

If the call priority is per script, then the VIP call would go to the front of the line and then to the VIP CSQ. But to be honest, that doesn't even seem logical. 

I know it's kind of a weird requirement, but I hope a simple solution is available. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Priority is always set for a contact, you can simply use Get Call Contact Info step to capture the called number which will be 4321 that you want to use as VIP Line and mark the priority there and then using Set Priority step under the True Branch of If Step. Rest everything will remain same in the script. Whenever called number will be 4321 If condition will go true and the priority for this contact will increased and will always be handled first no matter who calls in before him/her. Similarly, whenever the called number will not be 4321, If condition will go false and will be treated normally.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Priority is always set for a contact, you can simply use Get Call Contact Info step to capture the called number which will be 4321 that you want to use as VIP Line and mark the priority there and then using Set Priority step under the True Branch of If Step. Rest everything will remain same in the script. Whenever called number will be 4321 If condition will go true and the priority for this contact will increased and will always be handled first no matter who calls in before him/her. Similarly, whenever the called number will not be 4321, If condition will go false and will be treated normally.

Regards

Deepak

Ok, thank you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: