Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the best antivirus for Ucce ?

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Community, 

I'm hoping to get some views from the community about the best antivirus to use for  a UCCE 12 deployment.  I'm kind of looking for something that has good auditing and troubleshooting log output without being too complicated.  I have not used all the options Cisco has recommended so I  thought I'd ask everyone for their views and experiences with these products: 

• McAfee Endpoint Security 10.x

• Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 with latest MP

• Trend Micro Deep Security 11.0

• Cisco Advance Malware Protection (AMP).Thanks

3 Replies 3

My customer mainly uses Symantec, but I've also seen McAfee. Ultimately the best one is the one you're most comfortable with. If you can install UCCE before the antivirus is installed that would be great. That way you have a baseline of it working and breaking when the antivirus was installed.

david

Thanks

Another basic suggestion is use one that allows the end user/admin to easily see when the anti-virus/endpoint management has blocked or otherwise activated.

We've run into some customers where their system only notifies management, which adds more complexity/can lead to frustration as the UCCE/CVP team is running into an issue while the server team is the one getting the alerts and may not realize how important an issue it may be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: