Views
Helpful
Replies

When RSPAN enabled in destianation port UCCX loose conectivity

concord_83
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i connect my uccx8.5 to core 3560 x switch and i have agents connected to 2960 edge switches

when i put the destination port in remote span my uccx 8.5 lose its connectivity and i cannot ping it

i have the following configuration on my edge 2960

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/3 , Fa0/7 , Fa0/9

monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 10

in my core 3560x

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/2 encapsulation dot1q ingress .....

monitor session 1 source remote vlan 10

after inggress  which vlan should i put....

my phones vlan 3

remoate SPAN vlan 10

my server vlan 2 uccx8.5

5 Replies 5

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

I am more UCCX than switches.

But I believe the "monitor session 1 source" on the core 3560 must include the server VLAN 2 or the UCCX server won't receive any packets from its own VLAN 2 and the ingress should also be VLAN 2 to return the packets from the UCCX server to its VLAN.

Graham

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

concord_83,

do you have a network topology in a document that you could send over? Actually, what are you trying to achieve? Recording? Monitoring?

I guess you want to do SPAN on the access layer only, where phones _should_ be on a separate (voice) VLAN (so to say, switchport voice vlan V), then I'd do:

monitor session 1 source vlan V

monitor session 1 destination remote vlan X

! V is the voice vlan number

! X is the vlan number for monitoring

On the core layer, I'd write:

monitor session 1 source remote vlan X

monitor session 1 destination interface fa0/2

! interface fa0/2 is where UCCX server or recording server is connected to

There's also a technote on SPAN.

G.

thx for reply

dear Gerg. this configuration what i had done already in my network but the server loose connectivity

my voice vlan 3

my management Vlan 2(conatin uccx sever )

my problem is thaT SERVER LOOSE THE CONNECTIVITY AFTER PUTTING MONITORING COMMAND

The Linux based UCCX does not use the second NIC for monitoring. It uses the first NIC along with normal traffic to and from the UCCX server.

When you use a switch port as a destination on a monitoring command it shuts down normal traffic.

So you must insure your setup still passes normal traffic to and from the port.

That is why you need both VLAN 2 and 3 in the source command and you must have the ingress for VLAN 2 on the destination command.

Otherwise normal traffic will not get to and from your CCX server and you will lose connectivity.

Graham

e.silva_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

did you get this issue solved? We face the same problem and have no solution yet.

Thanks and regards