cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Workflow Browser Pop events (non-gadget website)

AndyYatesRnib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I'm looking for some guidance on how to receive workflow triggered events via a non-gadget finesse integration.

So far I have built a website which can make and receive calls via the RestAPI and also receive dialog and user notifications via XMPP. So far this is generally working pretty well.

I am aware of how I can retrieve workflow configuration details via the RestAPI. However I am not sure how a workflow's triggered events are passed down. I've examined the XMPP notification messages I've been receiving but so far have not seen anything that resembles the constructed URL I was hoping to see.

I suspect it must happen somehow, otherwise how would the Finesse Agent Desktop website manage these events?

If anyone can give any guidance or examples of how this works I would be very grateful.

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

Finesse actually does not send events specific to the workflow. The Finesse Agent Desktop has a client side JavaScript Workflow engine that filters the different user and dialog notifications that the agent receives and determines if a workflow needs to be triggered. This engine uses the User - Get list of workflow REST API to check against. It only calls this API once at login so a refresh must be done if new workflows are created after login.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Appreciate the reply - sorry I haven't responded until now.

Thanks for confirming that we won't receive workflow events. At least I don't feel as if I'm missing anything now.

I was very much hoping we wouldn't have to run a constant compare against incoming dialog data and tag replacement or URLs ourselves. However I had already made a start on such a function in the anticipation that this would be the case. I'll take a closer look at the Finesse Desktop client side code then to make sure I'm following the same procedure.

Thanks again!

Hi Andrew,

Yeah, I am not sure what the reasoning was behind why the workflow engine is client side, but I can confirm that it is the design of the Finesse Agent Desktop too. Good luck! Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanx,

Denise

sghss214
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to create a website which can make and receive calls. I don't have idea of how to receive XMPP notifications from Finesse server for Dialog and User objects. As you said you were able to do that, it'll be great if you could guide me on how that can be achieved. Is there any documentation available or any sample code that I could check to make this happen.

Thanks,

Jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: