Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WorkForce Quality Management and Compliance Recording Only on UCCX 10.6

This is my first crack at bringing up the CISCO WQM.  I have the Workforce server configured, or so I think.   Configured and license users.  I have created SIP trunks on CUCM to both the WFM server and the PSTN gateway.  I setup recording profile, route pattern and CSS.   I set the DN of the agents to enable recording and I set alerts in System Parameters.  The goal is to use the Gateway as source so we capture the entire call automatically if an agent is called. 

In trying to configure the gateway for media forking, under the UC WSAPI I can not set a provider as XMF as outlined in this very excellent video on setting up recording on media sense  https://youtu.be/TMKvTmYGRy0

The provider options are XCC, XCDR ,XSVC

So no registration at them moment.

If you have any comments or a link to a step by step, please share!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the Call Manager some SIP trunks do in fact show that they are registered  or at least the IP of the destination or other useful state information; but this one does not.  It just says unknown.

This is simply SIP Options Ping if enabled on the SIP Profile and supported by the application on the far-end of the trunk. It is not indicative of registration with is a SIP method in RFC3261 and is only supported line-side in CUCM. Trunks can perform Digest Authentication (respond only, not initiate) but not a Registration.

So, what you see on the Device > Trunk search results is only an indication of a keepalive if: 1) SIP Options Ping is enabled; and, 2) the far-end application supports and will respond to an OPTIONS SIP packet with a 200 OK.

Automatic Call Recording is enabled, but the Agents CSS does not contain the recording partition?  The recording profile points to the DN and that profile is in the Agent DN configuration.   Usually you set that so only the recording application can dial the number, yes? 

This is incorrect. The agent DN must be able to dial the number configured on the Recording Profile which should be a Route Pattern pointing to the SIP Trunk for the WFO-QM server.

I suggest reading this to better understand how BiB recording works:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsmr.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The XMF provider requires IOS 15.4(3)M or higher. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-uc-gateway-services.html

Thank you Jonathan!!

Since I originally posted this, I did make some progress. I realized the XMF was medai forking and did most definitely required the M train.    I have determine  that upgrading the ios in the gateway was not going to be well received so I am working a different structure.   I have determined to use BiB and the phone as the media source rather than the gateway.   Basically I have configured things that we I would have if this was a Media Sense recorder.   SIP trunk to server, DN with appropriate partition and CSS; Recording enabled on DN, Recording profile, System Parameters, Agent phones and BIB enable also.  I dont seem to be able to get the SIP trunk to register, or at least it does not show registered.   Still unable to get the WQM server to record.   Opened a ticket, but CISCO TAC referred me to Calabrio and I am three days in still waiting.   I will share what I learn and welcome any import.  

SIP Trunks do not register. The closest that happens is a keep alive state if the application supports SIP OPTIONS ping. Otherwise a trunk is stateless and CUCM will say this by leaving it in an Unknown state. You can look at the SIP traces (eg SDL logs on CUCM or Wireshark from WFO-QM server) to see if CUCM sends the SIP INVITE and whether WFO-QM responds with the 100 TRYING, 200 OK.

If CUCM never sends the SIP INVITE than something is wrong in your config (eg not set to Automatic Call Recording Enabled, agent DN cannot reach recording DN on the SIP profile, you never Reset the SIP trunk after creating it in CUCM, etc).

Jonathan thank you for your insight which is spot on as always.  Follow on question if I might.  In the Call Manager some SIP trunks do in fact show that they are registered  or at least the IP of the destination or other useful state information; but this one does not.  It just says unknown.     I neglected to point out that I created an application user much the way I would for Media Sense and I assume the WQM (I get tongue tied trying to name this product) uses at to dial the DN associated with the Recording profile?  However nowhere in the config did it request that user.  Automatic Call Recording is enabled, but the Agents CSS does not contain the recording partition?  The recording profile points to the DN and that profile is in the Agent DN configuration.   Usually you set that so only the recording application can dial the number, yes?  The WQM product has many advanced features, but we are only trying to use simple Compliance Recording.   Thank you again for your excellent observations.

In the Call Manager some SIP trunks do in fact show that they are registered  or at least the IP of the destination or other useful state information; but this one does not.  It just says unknown.

This is simply SIP Options Ping if enabled on the SIP Profile and supported by the application on the far-end of the trunk. It is not indicative of registration with is a SIP method in RFC3261 and is only supported line-side in CUCM. Trunks can perform Digest Authentication (respond only, not initiate) but not a Registration.

So, what you see on the Device > Trunk search results is only an indication of a keepalive if: 1) SIP Options Ping is enabled; and, 2) the far-end application supports and will respond to an OPTIONS SIP packet with a 200 OK.

Automatic Call Recording is enabled, but the Agents CSS does not contain the recording partition?  The recording profile points to the DN and that profile is in the Agent DN configuration.   Usually you set that so only the recording application can dial the number, yes? 

This is incorrect. The agent DN must be able to dial the number configured on the Recording Profile which should be a Route Pattern pointing to the SIP Trunk for the WFO-QM server.

I suggest reading this to better understand how BiB recording works:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsmr.html

Thank You Jonathan!  Very helpful!