Views
Helpful
Replies

Writing to an XML File

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have used https://colinzhong.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/thanks-to-drvoip-s-amazing-video-no-tts.html to generate an XML file as outlined below, which has been great and can read back from no issues.

I'm wanting to create a dial in update application, not too dissimilar to state/holiday update however since the XML file different than these.

If some one can provide some feedback/input on formatting and the document step this would be appreciated??

Here is my XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AreaList>
<Area ID="1">
<BHnumber>XXXX</BHnumber>
<AHnumber>XXX</AHnumber>
</Area>
<Area ID="2">
<BHnumber>XXX</BHnumber>
<AHnumber>XXX</AHnumber>
</Area>
<Area ID="3">
<BHnumber>XXX</BHnumber>
<AHnumber>XXX</AHnumber>
</Area>
<Area ID="99">
<BHnumber>XX</BHnumber>
<AHnumber>XXX</AHnumber>
</Area>
</AreaList>

2 Replies 2

Hi,

As I understand you want to write data to your xml file and you can read it just fine in your application, or do you need help with reading the data? The way your xml is build up seems the right way to do it to me.

Are your Area ID's variable or do you have static ID's?

Do you need help with the Keyword Transform document step?

If you could explain a bit more what you are trying to do we could help you better.

Hi Jorie,

Reading the XML file is no issue, locating the entries under the Area ID and storing them in variables.

That is correct as I only wanting to update the AHnumber and BHnumber for the relevant Area ID.

My current script to update the XML file is able to retrieve the current info, read it back to the caller and collect the new digits.

Just need to understand which steps and the formatting to write back to the file.

The link in my original post shows what I based my script upon for using the XML format, hopefully that provides some more insight.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: