cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WxCC Agent State Visualization

rbroersma
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question on creating a simple Visualization to display agent state and idle code name.  I've crated the report and have it embedded into the agent desktop fine, but I can't figure out how to get around adding a 'profile variable' into the visualization (or not getting it to display).  The only columns I want in the report are 'Agent Name', 'Activity State' and 'Idle Code Name' but I'm forced, it seems, to add a profile variable in as well.

The below screen-shot shows my report.  The column circled I'd like to get rid of, or hide, but I cannot figure out how.  I'm assuming this is something simple that I'm just missing so any help would be appreciated.

rbroersma_0-1726778453277.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dpwaruna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @rbroersma 

You can click the eye icon or delete icon to remove the column.

dpwaruna_0-1726818459726.png

Also, can you check if the attached report is what you are looking for. Please remove the txt from the file name and import it to analyzer folder you want. Add the team to the filter.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to use your report as a template for what I needed to do.  I had my fields in the row segment rather than having them all in the profile variable section and using the table-level summary.  The way I had it originally i couldn't just hit the 'eye' to make it non-visible because it would render any data w/out at least one profile variable.  Making all the fields profile variables solved this.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dpwaruna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @rbroersma 

You can click the eye icon or delete icon to remove the column.

dpwaruna_0-1726818459726.png

Also, can you check if the attached report is what you are looking for. Please remove the txt from the file name and import it to analyzer folder you want. Add the team to the filter.

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to use your report as a template for what I needed to do.  I had my fields in the row segment rather than having them all in the profile variable section and using the table-level summary.  The way I had it originally i couldn't just hit the 'eye' to make it non-visible because it would render any data w/out at least one profile variable.  Making all the fields profile variables solved this.  Thanks again!

MHirschmann
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps not releated to your question in deleting the column but to the visualisation part it might be wurth while to look at the 2Ring Dashboards & Wallboards solution. I made some screenshots that visualize my agents states and offer me a drill down to get more details on the agents (virtualised). If you need more info happy to share. 

Regards,

Marco Overview Agents StatesOverview Agents Statesdrilldown and using filters to get the info needed.drilldown and using filters to get the info needed.

hulazphila
Level 1
Level 1

@rbroersmasurcharge wrote:

Quick question on creating a simple Visualization to display agent state and idle code name.  I've crated the report and have it embedded into the agent desktop fine, but I can't figure out how to get around adding a 'profile variable' into the visualization (or not getting it to display).  The only columns I want in the report are 'Agent Name', 'Activity State' and 'Idle Code Name' but I'm forced, it seems, to add a profile variable in as well.

The below screen-shot shows my report.  The column circled I'd like to get rid of, or hide, but I cannot figure out how.  I'm assuming this is something simple that I'm just missing so any help would be appreciated.

rbroersma_0-1726778453277.png

To remove or hide the 'profile variable' column from your embedded visualization, first, access the report design settings. In the report designer, locate the 'profile variable' column in the layout. Click on the column header and check the properties panel for a visibility option, typically labeled as "Visible." Set this option to false or uncheck it to hide the column. If this does not work, consider adjusting your data source or query to exclude the 'profile variable' from the results altogether. After making these changes, save the report and refresh the embedded visualization on the agent desktop to see the updated display without the unwanted column.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What most people have missed so far, is that you are using Row Segments, which, when used, forces you to use at least one Profile Variable, and it has to be a numeric type (e.g., count, average, sum, etc.) to tie everything together, since your row segments are acting like summary fields.  Which, if I could guess from your screenshot, you unintentionally used, and do not need.

For reference, just look at how the following report is made: Stock > Historical > Agent > Agent Details, and notice how there are only like 5 or so row segments, and they are not numerical values, but then there's like 25 profile variables, and every single one is a numeric type (yes, even datetime).

So, what you should do instead, is just remove the field in your row segments, and add them as Profile Variables instead.  It should look like this now:

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 8.49.01 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-20 at 8.49.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-20 at 8.52.42 AM.png

If you ever do want a row segment (aka summary), but you're not really needing a numeric value to summarize on, just pick something with a little bit of meaning, that could fit in next to the other data, but also be easily overlooked.  Here's an example, where I don't want the team name spammed on every row, so I use it as a row segment, and since my agents are multi-channel agents, they have states per channel, but I don't want the agent name showing more than once either, so their name acts like another summary to all of their states.  But then at the very end, I just threw on one numeric field, to satisfy the report requirements to summarize on something.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 9.05.09 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-20 at 9.07.17 AM.png

Thanks Anthony - This was exactly the issue.  I just saw your response after I worked it out.  Hopefully this will help another newbie to Analyzer.  Appreciate you taking the time to respond.