cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WxCC using WebRTC

RL5901
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization is poised to start a project to migrate our 5 call centers to Webex Contact Center (WxCC). When we first started our discussion on and review of WxCC Cisco did not have WebRTC available. Our organization is now considering using WebRTC to route calls to agents from the queues, for outbound dialing to customers, or to receive Callback calls. We have heard that there are a few "bumps" regarding using WebRTC as the "softphone" for agents, but nothing specific. I am opening this discussion to find out what others have experienced using WebRTC for their agents on WxCC (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and if anyone has any recommendations. 

Some background, we have some agents who work onsite, some agents who work 100% remotely, and some agents who work hybrid (some time spent onsite and some time spent remotely).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gkovanis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @RL5901, I would say that most of the feedback received so far from customers using WebRTC has been positive, with two main positive comments being around WebRTC allowing agents to only need to use Desktop for all call controls and satisfactory latency for remote users (with this point depending as well on the user's network connectivity).

I would say the current main blocker or "negative" comment is that WebRTC today requires Chrome browser, which for some customers may not be in accordance with what they use today.

Now, as you mentioned, WebRTC is still in Limited Availability in specific regions so the best way to see if this feature meets your needs or if there are any caveats that may prevent you from using it would be to reach out to your Cisco rep to receive information tailored to your exact use case. They should also be able to show you the requested diagrams, even though as today WebRTC is only used for agent call delivery part, rest of the connectivity up until the agent leg should be same as what you are used to.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

There are a couple of defects listed for WebRTC specifically like https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwi18790 but they aren't listed on the Resolved section for WebexCC. You may find some of the coming soon items of note too https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nv7abhz/What's-new-for-administrators-in-Webex-Contact-Center#topic_D8159C942D4EE10D3C86F7C043C86722 . Hope this helps as a start.

It does help me get started. Thank you.

Are there any diagrams that show WebRTC in the WxCC environment (e.g., how it works)? I found this video which shows how the Agents will choose "desktop" mode when signing in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0QNk5_fqhI

Hi @RL5901 , can you give a little more detail on what you're looking for? From the agent desktop perspective, the controls look to be pretty similar. Are you looking for more of an overall guide on WebexCC you mean, like this? https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/utqcm7/Webex-Contact-Center-Architecture

Our CIO wants a diagram that shows how WxCC connects the call to WebRTC within the agent desktop (via browser). We will be utilizing the Cisco PSTN (porting our numbers accordingly). A call is received through the Cisco PSTN and sent to our tenant WxCC. The call passes through the call flow for a particular call center. It finds its way to one of the queues. When an agent is available the customer's voice call will be connected to the available agent via WebRTC. I'm looking for a diagram that will show these connections. 

Unfortunately, I don't see any diagrams for Agent Desktop using WebRTC in the document. 

RL5901
Level 1
Level 1

There is a possibility that there are no diagrams available because the WebRTC feature is relatively newly released and is currently only available in Europe and "ANZ" (probably meaning the 2 countries of Australia and New Zealand).

gkovanis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @RL5901, I would say that most of the feedback received so far from customers using WebRTC has been positive, with two main positive comments being around WebRTC allowing agents to only need to use Desktop for all call controls and satisfactory latency for remote users (with this point depending as well on the user's network connectivity).

I would say the current main blocker or "negative" comment is that WebRTC today requires Chrome browser, which for some customers may not be in accordance with what they use today.

Now, as you mentioned, WebRTC is still in Limited Availability in specific regions so the best way to see if this feature meets your needs or if there are any caveats that may prevent you from using it would be to reach out to your Cisco rep to receive information tailored to your exact use case. They should also be able to show you the requested diagrams, even though as today WebRTC is only used for agent call delivery part, rest of the connectivity up until the agent leg should be same as what you are used to.