After factory defaulting Cisco9200L the switch stop at Message :bootable URL's in BOOT variable not found or exhausted
I believe the switch is now in ROMMON mode and needs to have boot file reinstalled ?Never done this before and would
really appreciate any help on how to reinstall boot image
I'm facing the same with 9500
I'm not able to boot from usbflash0: and not able to copy bin file to flash: or bootflash: as they are ro (read only)
did you get the chance to solve it?
It is fixed for me:
- just download the .bin file to flash memory
- connect it to switch
- in Rommon type “emergency-install usbflash0:/cat9k......bin” most probably u have 2 usb ports one from front and one from back the front one is usbflash0 and back one usbflash1
- when the emergency install starts, it will run a bin recovery image from sda9, it will show the version of running ios recovery like 16.6.3, make sure u download the full ios bin file from same version or lower otherwise the emergency install will fail.
- when the process of emergency-install is completed u will get the switch running, after that the bin file is unpacked to flash:
- later u can download any bin file version and upgrade the ios.
- better to use USB flash memory rather than tftp as it might not connect to tftp after setting ip address/mask/gateway on rommom variables
I hope this will help.
can you dir on the bootflash;
post its results
Sorry I don't have that switch in hand anymore to check.
But I'm pretty sure I was able to dir.