cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning: Bootable URL's in BOOT variable not found or exhausted message on Cisco 9200L

compmech2012
Level 1
Level 1

After factory defaulting Cisco9200L the switch stop at Message :bootable URL's in BOOT variable not found or exhausted
I believe the switch is now in ROMMON mode and needs to have boot file reinstalled ?Never done this before and would
really appreciate any help on how to reinstall boot image

21 Replies 21

julianiol
Level 1
Level 1

Do you find anything ?

ledaouk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm facing the same with 9500

I'm not able to boot from usbflash0: and not able to copy bin file to flash: or bootflash: as they are ro (read only)

did you get the chance to solve it?

Thanks

Hi,

It is fixed for me:

- just download the .bin file to flash memory 

- connect it to switch 

- in Rommon type “emergency-install usbflash0:/cat9k......bin” most probably u have 2 usb ports one from front and one from back the front one is usbflash0 and back one usbflash1

- when the emergency install starts, it will run a bin recovery image from sda9, it will show the version of running ios recovery like 16.6.3, make sure u download the full ios bin file from same version or lower otherwise the emergency install will fail.

- when the process of emergency-install is completed u will get the switch running, after that the bin file is unpacked to flash:

- later u can download any bin file version and upgrade the ios.

- better to use USB flash memory rather than tftp as it might not connect to tftp after setting ip address/mask/gateway on rommom variables

I hope this will help.

Regards.

Thanks man!, This works for me.

Regards!

switch: emergency-install usbflash0:/cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.12.03.SPA.bin
Error: command 'emergency-install' not found. Use 'help' to list commands.

That's all I get. Anyone else?

I'm having that issue. Did you find a resolution? 

Was able to fix my issue.

boot usbflash0:/cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.09.04.SPA.bin

(wait for boot)

en
copy usbflash0:/cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.09.04.SPA.bin flash:
config t
boot system cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.09.04.SPA.bin
switch#(config)exit
switch#reload
switch#(confirm) y

This worked for me.

That worked for me!! Thank you so much

I have a C9200 and after: factory-reset all I found myself in the same predicament. I downloaded the latest recommended Cisco .bin saved it to a USB Flash drive (fat32) and followed your advice. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

always a pleasure

Thank you very much, only your answer works

Life. Saver. Thank you so much.

Yes . reinstall IOS from USB image .easy lots of how to on Cisco website.skill you will need anyway