Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

+1 display on phones when calls are transfered from connection/uccx

Incoming calling numbers get added with +1 or + based on their calling party numbering type.  Then the phones were applied with calling party transformation pattern.  So the display of the phone would localize the number to 10 digits only but the directories will show up with +1/+ followed by calling #.

This setup works fine when we call directly to a phone from outside.  However, if the call has to be transferred to AA in unity con or to UCCX and then delivered to a phone, the localization does not happen. Meaning the phone display  shows all numbers along with +1 (which is not the expected behavior) as if the calling party transformation pattern isn’t matching.

any idea?

thanks

vijay

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

chekc the CSS of the UCCX and AA

- option#1 what you can do it instead of leting the UCCX/AA accessign the internal phones directly mkae it to go to a tranlsation patren first and in that translation pattren transform the number to the format you want

-  option#2 is have a transformation on the phone level which dose the localization if the number comes as +1 while it is a local call same idea when you have it on the GW level but this is on the phone level however this will be showing the localized number during ringing phase if the call is missed it iwll be shown as +1

first how do you apply the globalization and localization to  the numbers ? on the GW level ? or in CUCM in the GW settings ?

and where do you localize the number ?

and which CUCM version are you using

HTH

if helpful rate

this is also for your information of how to have the Transformation/localization to work on the phone level no matter if the call coming from the GW or the UCCX ( caling number )

Globalization

On the GW page half way down you see a section for Incoming number prefix for each type Subscriber, National, International and Unknown

Create a pattern based upon the Incoming number view via DEBUG ISDN Q931

So if your area code is say 212 and if national number come in without the leading digit 1 and local are 7 digits long then

1. Subscriber +1212

2. National +1

3. International +

Now calls will be seen on the phones as the +1212-local and National , + for international

Localized

Best to separate out the PT and CSS for XFORMS and normal PSTN access

• Create a new  PT called PT-SITENAME or AREA CODE -XFORM-ANI

CSS called CSS-XFORM-SITENAME or AREA CODE -XFORM-ANI - Can assign it to the users phone- be aware of any tick box referencing the DP or to the Device Pool

• Go to Transformation>>>Calling Transformations ( INBOUND TO THE USER,PHONE)

For local calls i.e 1212

\+1212.!

Partition- PT-SITENAME or AREA CODE -XFROM-IN

Predot discard

The above capture will capture calls, ANI being delivered to the phone. If you transfer or you dial TEHO you need extra setting on the Calling Transformation but the above is the basics

Oubound

Route Pattern

\+1.!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3263945#3263945

HTH

pls rate the helpful posts

Thanks for the reply.  Globalization is applies at gw level. Localization is on device pool. Cucm version 8.0.  I have it configured the way you said.  Separate pt and CSS.  Also as I said this works if we call directly.  Only the issue is when it goes through uccx or unity con.  Even the device pool of uccx cti ports/vm ports are applies with calling party transformation CSS with no luck. I believe this is a restriction/limitation of Cucm. Can someone confirm this is working when call goes thru unity or uccx?

Thanks

well i believe this issue is happening becuase once the cal reached UCCX then get transferred to an IP phone the calling number will be considered the UCCX port and the redirected/transferred number will be the original PSTN calling number and thats why the transformation is not getting applied

HTH

anybody got a solution for this? I'm experiencing the same problem, PSTN numbers calling CUCM phones directlt gets localized, but when PSTN numbers reach CUC then CUC transfer to CUCM phones, localization is not happening. CUCM phones display the full e.164 format numbers (+1xxxxxxx)

Did you configure a calling party xformation pattern? In this pattern you should strip off the +..This pattern should only be reachable by the calling party device css on the phone or the calling party device css on the device pool

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

yup, I configured calling party transformation pattern, apply that to Phone device. This works fine if the call is from pstn-to-phone but if the call is from pstn-cuc-phone, it displays the full e.164 (with +) and it does not seem to invoke the calling party transformation pattern