Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 different calling name to pstn and pbx users via qsig

just wondering if this scenerio is possible at all or not.?  customer has a cisco and nortel pbx integrated via mgcp t1 qsig trunk.  PSTN is connected to nortel pbx.  half the company users in cisco and half still in nortel pbx.  so, customer wants to send the company name when cisco users making outboud calls which will exit via qsig->nortel pbx->pstn.  also if cisco users calling the users with nortel phone, it should display their names instead of company (becuase its an internal call). i have a good feeling it is not possible to have company name for pstn and user name for internal calls to be sent out becuase cucm will consider both type of calls as outbound so only one name is possible.

if anyone has another idea please let me know.

thanks

vijay

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vijay,

I'll check & let you know. Pls help me with following details..

1. Complete name & version of Nortel PBX

2. CUCM version

GP.

it will be nice if you can do that for me.

1. nortel option 61c version 5

2. cucm version is 8.6.x.

Vijay,

Cisco documents third party products integrations with Cisco UC products on a portal called as " Cisco Interoperability Portal ". Pls check if you can locate your Nortel PBX in the integration list there, if you dont then it's safe to assume that Cisco has not tested the interoperability between the products. The portal can be located here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

One such document, I could locate but its for older version Nortel & CUCM versions, but pls see if it helps http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/361906nt.pdf

If above documents doesnt help you get what you are looking for, I would recommend opening a TAC case to confirm if the deployment is tested & supported ? TAC team would reach out to Cisco Interop team to confirm the same. If supported, they would help you troubleshoot the issue.

Alternatively, if the deployment is untested/unsupported & if your business is keen on testing this integration, Cisco can do it for you. Reach out to your CAM team locally who would cascade you with Cisco Interop team for conducting the testing.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

The question was not around compatibility between cucm and nortel pbx. But it was more on cucm side to see if it can recognize dialing to pbx extension as internal calls and send out actual user name instead of company name.

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Vijay

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

My whole point was to indicate that full functionality can not be expected with incompatible integrations.

GP.