cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2081 memory and IOS upgrade

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and thank you for reading my post.

I have 2081 voip router. I would like to upgrade the IOS to support higher ver of CME. this is for a lab learning environment , I realize that I have only 64 of Ram , I am purchasing     "MEM2801-256D= 256MB DRAM MEMORY CISCO ROUTER 2801" to add to the router , am I in the right direction ?

Cisco 2801 (revision 7.0) with 115712K/15360K bytes of memory.

2801 Software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(21)

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

191K bytes of NVRAM.

63808K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

VOIP2801#sho telephony-service

CONFIG (Version=3.3)

=====================

Version 3.3

Cisco CallManager Express

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like you have more than 64MB of Memory, Looks like you have 128MB. With 128MB you should be able to upgrade your IOS to a version that supports a higher CME..

Have a look at the CME and IOS compartibility matrix...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with having more memory..So yes you are on the right track

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like you have more than 64MB of Memory, Looks like you have 128MB. With 128MB you should be able to upgrade your IOS to a version that supports a higher CME..

Have a look at the CME and IOS compartibility matrix...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with having more memory..So yes you are on the right track

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

ty !!! so the 64 is flash mem ? do I need to upgrade that one as well