cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3x Unity Connection Clusters with IntraSITE importing duplicate users

rgates
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3x CUC clusters arranged in an INTRASITE architecture configuration.  All 3x clusters are configured to be able to import users from CUCM (via AXL).

On CUC-Cluster-1, when I import a user ‘testuser1’ from CUCM, that user is correctly replicated (via SMTP) to CUC-Cluster-2, and CUC-Cluster-3.  When I log into CUC-Cluster-2 or CUC-Cluster-3, I see the user was replicated (It is greyed out, correctly indicating the user is on another cluster).

However, from CUC-Cluster-2, I can also import ‘testuser1’ again from CUCM.  The result is that I end up with two test1users.  This is not good.  Is there a primary key that prevents administrators from incorrectly importing the same user to another cluster?  --if not there should be

Is this normal behaviour?  I would have thought that the INTRASITE architecture only permits a single ‘testuser1’ across all three clusters.  Is this working by design? Or is there a mis-configuration on our SITE deployment that is allowing this behavior?  Also, would this be resolved if we imported users from LDAP/AD instead of from CUCM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robbie,

I thought you might find this note interesting

Cisco Unity Connection Intrasite and Intersite Networking

Revised November 16, 2010

If you are using intrasite or intersite networking to network two or more Connection servers that are each integrated with an LDAP directory, and if you specify a user search base on one Connection server that overlaps a user search base on another Connection server, be careful not to accidentally create duplicate Connection users on different Connection servers by importing the same LDAP user more than once.

NOTE: Regardless of how you create users, Connection prevents you from creating two users with the same alias on the same Connection server, but does not prevent you from creating two users with the same alias on different Connection servers in the same site or organization.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagpdf.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Rob!  Beat me to it...good find.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks Hailey

Just call me the "Librarian"

Usually the only thing I ever beat someone to is the Buffet table or Bar.

Cheers!

Huff

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Rob (+5 point),

I must say you are a "very good Librarian" Infact one of the best I have ever come across...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts