cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7832 CUCM Registration

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has anyone tried registering a 7832 to CUCM yet?  The device packs were released this week, and I have it installed on 10.5 and 11.5, but I still cannot get the phone to register to either cluster.  It still sits at the activation code screen like its waiting for a spark code.

TFTP settings are correct, but it acts like it does not even attempt to connect with the TFTP servers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this

1.       Go to Settings
2.       Press ##*
3.       Wait 2 seconds
4.       Go back to the previous page
5.       You will get a Cancel softkey  (if you do not see the cancel button, make sure you pressed pound pound star ##*, not star star pound **#)
6.       Press Cancel Softkey to skip Activation Code process

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Can you clear the network settings and see if it makes difference. 

Have tried that with no difference.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this

1.       Go to Settings
2.       Press ##*
3.       Wait 2 seconds
4.       Go back to the previous page
5.       You will get a Cancel softkey  (if you do not see the cancel button, make sure you pressed pound pound star ##*, not star star pound **#)
6.       Press Cancel Softkey to skip Activation Code process

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, that was just too simple and it worked.  Thank you very much!

Having the same problem with a 7832.  Running CUCM 10.5, have device pack loaded, confirmed all the files are on the TFTP. 

When I start the phone it just loads.  Never asks for a code or says anything about searching for TFTP or registering.  Just loads to a screen with date, time and three soft keys. 

I've gone through the recommended procedure and I don't get anything.  Done factory reset, same results.  When I go into the menu I don't have any way to set a TFTP server.  Seems like the only thing I can do is set an IP and default router. 

Any help is appreciated. 

could you solve it? I'm in the same problem on a cucm 11.5

Ended up returning the phone.  Found that the one I had was loaded with the multi platform image instead of the standard SIP.  The model numbers are different depending on the firmware and you can't flash them. 

Hi there 

Please send the software version, the  device pack info and the phone load name. Also most importantly, please make sure you have the CP-7832-K9= not CP-7832-3PCC-K9= (which is for Multi platform Phone Systems)

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

CUCM: 11.5.1.10000-6

Device pack upload: cmterm-devicepack11.5.1.14064-1.cop.sgn

Firmware version: sip7832.12-0-1-8.loads

Model Version: CP-7832-K9= V05

I can not register it yet....

Hi there

Does the phone got an ip address ? Could you please verify the TFTP settings as well. Enable Alternate TFTP and test.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Enable alternative TFTP and still not work, take some logs from the cucm but I can not understand what the problem is.

The MAC address is: 501CB03BF39E

Hi there

Could you try this, 

• Restart the Cisco Tomcat service on all nodes. 

• Restart Cisco TFTP on all servers where this service is running.

Or even go ahead a clutser reboot.

Also pls check the following for a device type mismatch,

• The device was added in the Phone Configuration window using the wrong device type. For example, Cisco DX80 was selected as the phone type instead of Cisco TelePresence DX80. Reconfigure the device with the correct device type.

• The Cisco Unified Communications Manager service doesn’t recognize the new device type. Restart the Cisco Unified Communications Manager service on the publisher node.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Finally it was possible to register.
The problem was:

I installed the version of device package cmterm-devicepack11.5.1.14064-1 and restart the node, with this version the 7832 phone is NOT possible to be registered.
I installed the version: cmterm-devicepack11.5.1.14059-1.cop.sgn and restart the services of tomcat, cucm and tftp and it worked !!!

Thank you very much for everything Rath!

Hi

I have sa me problem

With my cp-7832-sip on cucm12.0.1 network et tftp serveurs are goods.

But the  phone is not registred 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: