Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 - ISSUES Softkey Template

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the solution with CUCM 10.5.2 and we having the follow problem: the softkey template is not working to IP Phone model 7841. I am suspecting problem with firmware, because, I copy the same template 6945 that is working, but, don´t appear the buttom. Don´t appear the buttom pickup. In the position on hook appear only buttoms

Redial    New call    DsvTd   Recents

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Different model phones (and it also depends on which version of CUCM you are using) have their softkeys governed by either a "Feature Control Policy" or a "Softkey Template". The Feature Control Policy is/was invented to be used by phones with feature hardkeys for Hold, Transfer, etc.

To see whether your phones use Feature Control Policy or Softkey Templates by default, you can look at "Enterprise Phone Configuration" and look for the field "Softkey Control".

Now, both the 69XX series and the 78XX series have feature hardkeys, so I would expect that they would both be governed by Feature Control Policy by default. But I have run into combinations of phones and CUCM versions where certain models of phones that have feature hardkeys will use a Softkey Template that has taken the feature hardkeys into consideration  (like "Standard User with Feature Hardkeys") and some still use Feature Control Policy.

If the Enterprise Phone Configuration for "Softkey Control" is set to "Feature Control", you can test to see if changing that to "Softkey Template" will fix the problem by:

1) Create a Common Phone Profile with the Softkey Control set to Softkey Template

2) Apply that Common Phone Profile to one of your 7841 phones and reset.

View solution in original post

This series of phones is buggy (especially with softkeys), and you are right that new firmware is generally the fix.If you have access, I would suggest downloading the latest firmware and trying it out on one phone to see if it resolves the issue (and does not create new ones....)

Other than that, I would suggest opening a TAC case, unless someone else on the boards comes up with a brilliant solution.

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Different model phones (and it also depends on which version of CUCM you are using) have their softkeys governed by either a "Feature Control Policy" or a "Softkey Template". The Feature Control Policy is/was invented to be used by phones with feature hardkeys for Hold, Transfer, etc.

To see whether your phones use Feature Control Policy or Softkey Templates by default, you can look at "Enterprise Phone Configuration" and look for the field "Softkey Control".

Now, both the 69XX series and the 78XX series have feature hardkeys, so I would expect that they would both be governed by Feature Control Policy by default. But I have run into combinations of phones and CUCM versions where certain models of phones that have feature hardkeys will use a Softkey Template that has taken the feature hardkeys into consideration  (like "Standard User with Feature Hardkeys") and some still use Feature Control Policy.

If the Enterprise Phone Configuration for "Softkey Control" is set to "Feature Control", you can test to see if changing that to "Softkey Template" will fix the problem by:

1) Create a Common Phone Profile with the Softkey Control set to Softkey Template

2) Apply that Common Phone Profile to one of your 7841 phones and reset.

Hi Marren,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. I verified this parameter in CUCM and already configured as softkey template. Do You have another suggest about this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

This series of phones is buggy (especially with softkeys), and you are right that new firmware is generally the fix.If you have access, I would suggest downloading the latest firmware and trying it out on one phone to see if it resolves the issue (and does not create new ones....)

Other than that, I would suggest opening a TAC case, unless someone else on the boards comes up with a brilliant solution.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Sorry by delay in answer. In the next friday we had another problem with the CUCM and was need reboot the Servers Publisher and Subscriber. After this the pick up botom appear again in the 7841.

Thanks a lot for You assistance,

Regards,

Wilson