Helpful
Replies

7841 Phone locale for CUCM 9.1.2

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've configured and registered the new 7841 IP Phones on CUCM 9.1.2

But at this time the 9.1 locale package is still: 9.1.1.1000-1 which does not include Locales for the 7800 IP Phones.

Is there any roadmap to deliver a new Locale Package for CUCM 9.1.2 which includes locale for these phones?

Otherwise, only English is available.

Thanks,

Rui

2 Replies 2

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

What is your CUCM version? Which locale you want to install?

By default, Cisco IP Phones are set up for the English (United States) locale. To use the Cisco IP phones in other locales, you must install the locale-specific version of the Unified Communications Manager Endpoints Locale Installer on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server in the cluster. The Locale Installer installs the latest translated text for the phone user interface and country-specific phone tones on your system so that they are available for the

Cisco IP Phones.

Locale can be installed either from Network drive or from CD/DVD drive.

Option A: Install locale from network drive:

1. Put the locale installer (*.cop.sgn) file on an FTP or SFTP server which is accessible from your CUCM/CUP server.
  2. Log into Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration.
  3. Navigate to Software Upgrades > Install/Upgrade. The Software Installation/Upgrade window displays.
  4. Choose Remote Filesystem from the Source list.
  5. Enter the path to the directory that contains the local installer file on the remote system in the Directory field. (If the upgrade file is located on a Linux or Unix server, you must enter a forward slash at the beginning of the directory path. For example, if the upgrade file is in the "patches" directory, you must enter "/patches". If the upgrade file is located on a Windows server, check with your system administrator for the correct directory path.)
  6. In the Server field, enter the server name or IP address.
  7. In the User Name field, enter your user name on the remote server.
  8. In the User Password field, enter your password on the remote server.
  9. Select the SFTP protocol from the Transfer Protocol field.
  10. To continue the upgrade process, click Next.
  11. Choose the upgrade version that you want to install and click Next.
  12. In the next window, monitor the progress of the download.
  13. When the download completes, verify the checksum value against the checksum (if available) or the file you that downloaded that is shown on Cisco.com.
  14. Restart the CUCM or CUP server after any new locale installs. For Phone Only locale, restart TFTP service is a alternative way.

Option B: Install locale from CD/DVD:

1. Burn the locale installer file into a CD/DVD.
  2. Follow the steps in "Install locale from network drive" except "Choose CD/DVD from the Source list" instead of "Choose Remote Filesystem from the Source list."

Refer below link for the detail:-

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/107527/cmterm-devicepack-9_1_2_11013-1_Readme.pdf

Below is the link for latest locale for 7841 phone:-

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284892536&flowid=46503&softwareid=282074291&os=Linux&release=10.1(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hi. Thanks for the response.

The CUCM is 9.1.2 as i stated before.

The locale of v10 says it is only for version 10.

Since i've other phone models running I don't to take a chance. Also it will not be supported by TAC.

So that's why I ask for a new locale version that includes 7800 phones.
Rui

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App