cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7861 BLF Phone not showing green idle status.

Philip Badhams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a 7861 with BLF speed dials configured. The BLF only lights red when the phones are busy, they do not display green. Is there a reason for this please? All the devices / extensions are in the same presence group and the subscribe CSS is configured. The devices being monitored are 7800 phones and Jabber extensions and on a single cluster

The CUCM cluster is 12.5.1.16900-48

The phones are running sip78xx.14-1-1-0001-136.
Jabber Software is version 14.

I am also having an issue with CUAC Standard not displaying any BLF status but will start another chat for that one.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think I may trying to solve an issue that doesnt exist. My confusion is because I was expecting the BLF light to be green when the monitored phone is idle and on hook. Both my 7861 and 8851 with a KEM appear to display the same. The BLF is only green when a call is active on the phone where the BLF keys are configured. Hope this makes sense, or is my understanding of the BLF lights wrong?

What is the difference between the subscribe CSS on a phone and a subscribe CSS on a end user?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Have you selected to check this tick box on the BLF?

Snag_1a77e1f.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger. It wasnt but it is now but it is still the same. What does the Call Pickup checkbox do?

It does a couple of things. Primarily it enables call pickup if the two directory numbers are in the same pick up group. But it also makes the button blink in yellow when there is a call to the monitored directory number.

Response Signature

I think I may trying to solve an issue that doesnt exist. My confusion is because I was expecting the BLF light to be green when the monitored phone is idle and on hook. Both my 7861 and 8851 with a KEM appear to display the same. The BLF is only green when a call is active on the phone where the BLF keys are configured. Hope this makes sense, or is my understanding of the BLF lights wrong?

What is the difference between the subscribe CSS on a phone and a subscribe CSS on a end user?

One is used by the device and the other by the user. Use case for this is for example if a user logs in to a device or to an application.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: