Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 Firmware - Failed to Apply

James Burns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have just uploaded the latest version of Cisco 7937 firmware. Our Call Manager is version 7.1.3 and I uploaded

cmterm-7937-1-4-4-SCCP.cop.sgn.

I uploaded the file to both of the tftp servers on our Call Manager cluster and restarted the service on both. System confirmed the service restart was successful.

I then attempted to apply the firmware to one of our 7937 phones however this failed. I updated the Phone Load Name field with app37sccp.1-4-4-0 followed by save, apply config and reset. Firmware failed to upload and phone remained with the default firmware version.

Any ideas what I might have missed? Thank you for any information you can provide. 

James            

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest looking at the phone console log for clues. Browse to the IP address of the phone and find console logs which should tell you what happened.

Chris

Thanks for the tip. Looked at the log file and found the following

"[10-24]15:47:52.036|fxmMg|4|00|Failed downloading tftp://10.134.157.101/apps37sccp.1-4-4-0.bin, FXM: Unknown, CURL: TFTP: File Not Found"

Therefore it is not seeing the actual apps37sccp.1-4-4-0.bin file within the cop.sgn file that I uploaded. I can see from the text it tries the secondary tftp server but receives the same response.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the version your 7937 are running currently?

If your  7937G is running firmware release 1.2.1 or earlier, upgrade to firmware release 1.3(2) before upgrading to firmware release 1.4(4).

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Default firmware is 1.3.4. Thanks for the quick response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: