cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 phone using CUCM 8 shows "TFTP file not found"

hippieboy9
Level 1
Level 1

When phone boots up it says "TFTP P00308010200.loads" and then "TFTP file not found"

None of the buttons respond and I cannot get into Settings.

I am able to reset it have tried that many times using this method: holding the # button while powering up the phone, and when the display comes alive enter 123456789*0# and say no (2) to save network config.

When the phone reboots after a reset, it just shows the same error.

Earlier, I could get into Settings and I saw that the phone had an older firmware loaded and that it was getting a valid IP address and TFTP server from DHCP.

I looked on the publisher and subscriber under TFTP File Management and saw these files in the root:

P00308010200.bin 
P00308010200.loads
P00308010200.sb2 
P00308010200.sbn

I tried rebooting the TFTP service on both the publisher and subscriber a couple times and still get the same error.

Any ideas for fixing this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I think your issue may be that your 7960 may be running an older version of firmware that cannot be upgraded directly to the version 8.1(2) which is the default load in CUCM 8.0 - see snippet from the release notes below

You cannot upgrade to firmware release 8.1(2)  directly from firmware release 8.0(10) or an earlier release. You have  to upgrade to firmware release 8.1(1) first, then upgrade from release  8.1(1) to release 8.1(2).

I would download firmware version 8.1(1) to the CUCM 8.0 servers and see if the 7960 phones can then register.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you pull the file down from the CUCM server to a TFTP client? What about the corresponding files? Are there any devices, such as a firewall, that could be blocking tftp traffic between CUCM and the phone?

can you collect a packet capture off of the back of the phone for when it boots and gets the error?

-Felipe

fahad.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi did you get a solution to your problem, i am getting exactly the same error but with 7940 phone and CUCM 8.0.

Regards

Fahad

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I think your issue may be that your 7960 may be running an older version of firmware that cannot be upgraded directly to the version 8.1(2) which is the default load in CUCM 8.0 - see snippet from the release notes below

You cannot upgrade to firmware release 8.1(2)  directly from firmware release 8.0(10) or an earlier release. You have  to upgrade to firmware release 8.1(1) first, then upgrade from release  8.1(1) to release 8.1(2).

I would download firmware version 8.1(1) to the CUCM 8.0 servers and see if the 7960 phones can then register.

I agree with James. You'll need to hop to 8.1(1) first.

hippieboy9
Level 1
Level 1

I got it working by manually adding the phone (I have auto register turned on for the Call Manager) and in the field that says "Phone Load Name" I put in the phone load, saved it, and reloaded the phone.  I looked on "TFTP File Management" under the "OS Administration" page to see what previous loads I had and started with the oldest one and worked my way up to the newest one.  If you don't have older loads on the TFTP you can download them from Cisco and upload them to the TFTP server.