cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8800 Series Phone MWI - Missing the Red Box on the line

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

We are using the 8841 phones and according to the end user guide, we should have 3 MWI notifications: light on the handset, red box on the line, and indicator on the session keys on the right side of the phone.  I'm getting 2 out of 3...I'm missing the red box next to the line.  I see a red box inside the line screen with a 1, but i think thats just the missed calls not for voicemail.  We are using 10.5 for CM and Unity

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/10_5/english/userguide/P881_BK_U42291C6_00_userguide-8811_41_51_61-10_5/P881_BK_U42291C6_00_userguide-8811_41_51_61-10_5_chapter_0101.html

Look for a solid red light on your handset.

You can set up the visual message waiting lamp using the Self Care Portal.

Look for a colored box beside the line button.

The colored background indicates that there are new voice messages and the number of missed calls and voice mail messages displays in the box.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The red box is total notifications, regardless of type (e.g. missed call, voicemail, etc). From the guide you linked to: "The colored background indicates that there are new voice messages and the number of missed calls and voice mail messages displays in the box."

It then provides a breakdown of on the right side session buttons.

I thought so too, but when I call an extension using the *xxxx pattern for direct to voicemail, the line does not get the red box inside the line. I only get the handset light and session key indicator. 

This wouldn't be a problem on primary lines but on secondary lines folks are missing that they have voicemail. 

I was expecting the red box to look like the attached, which is from a 8945 phone

Did you ever find the correct answer?

I can only get the light to work, I never get the prompt

Is this a limit for these phones?

I have cucm 10.5.2, and I tried a couple different loads on the phone.

8800 series phones currently do not provide anything when MWI 'Prompt' is enabled for a line.    This is effectively a loss of functionality when compared to 7900, 8900 or 9900 series phones.   It is called out in bug CSCuu44261, where BU-DE says 'works at intended' which IMHO is bogus.

8800 series phones currently do not provide anything when MWI 'Prompt' is enabled for a line.    This is effectively a loss of functionality when compared to 7900, 8900 or 9900 series phones.   It is called out in bug CSCuu44261, where BU-DE says 'works at intended' which IMHO is bogus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: