Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 Does not Ring when in Dock

galbitz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 8821 on CUCME 12.0. It is running the latest firmware: 11-0-3SR6-15

When the phone is in the cisco desktop charger the phone does not play the ring tone. The screen indicates there is an incoming call, and you can answer the call, but no sound is made.

If the phone is removed from the charger and the call is re-initiated the ringtone is played. I am using the standard chirp ringtone.

I assume this is a firmware issue as I am not sure what setting would impact this. Anyone else with this issue?

7 Replies 7

I am not aware about a setting or configuration to do this other than DND.
But DND will take effect in station and without it.

Try different firmware.

Activate the Docking station to ring in when phone is Docked

------------------------------------------------------------

Select Where You Hear Ringing

When you have an incoming call, you can set up your phone to play the ringtone on your headset or on the speaker.

Procedure

Step 1  

Access the Settings app.

Step 2  

Select Phone settings > Sounds > Ringer/PTT output

Step 3  

Select the option required.>> SET TO SPEAKER

Step 4  

Press Select.

Left Side Buttons Volume

Make sure volume is up.

These steps work - but it the first line is the most important "Activate the Docking station to ring when phone is Docked"

These steps do not work if the phone is held in the hand.

tchan
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. Even afterCisco RMA a new phone still have the issue. Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

I am experiencing this issue too, where the phone will not ring when the phone is docked (on the docking station speaker). Has anyone found a resolution to this? I note this was first reported in Jan-2018 so I would have expect a resolution to be available. Thanks.

Fishel Erps
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had the same issue.  I tried all of the suggestions on this thread (and anywhere else I could find one), and nothing worked.  Most of the options that people mention are actually nowhere to be found.  However, I finally solved the issue!

When you are holding the phone, there is a button on the right side, toward the top.  It has an icon of a speaker on it.  When you press that button, you will see a speaker icon on the top right of the screen near the battery indicator.  Now, place the phone in the desktop charger.  From this point on, when it is put into the desktop charger, that same icon should appear, and when it is removed, it should disappear.  Why is doesn't work until the first time that you press this button???  Go figure.  I'm guessing a bug.  

We found the same issue.

We tried the mentioned settings above then had an additional step.

When docked the the speaker volume on the dock can be increased by adjusting volume on the docked phone.

This solved our issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: