Views
Helpful
Replies

8831 Conference Phone - Wireless Mic Issue

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are seeing an issue with our newly installed 8831 Conference Phone. When using the wireless mics, we seem to be hearing choppy voice from conference participants. When using wired mics or no extended mics, there is no issue at all. Call Statistics appear to be ok, so I don't think it's a network issue. We do have two access points in the same conference room. I was able to have one turned off, but the other belongs to some other vendor and I wasn't able to turn it off. It did seem to improve a little with one turned off.
Does anyone know what frequency the wireless mics operate on and if there could be overlap with our WLAN (I believe we use 802.11 a/b/g in our WLAN). Has anyone else encountered issues with the wireless mics? We are on CUCM vers 8.6.2, and had to install the devpack to even use the 8831.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh                  

4 Replies 4

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to add that we did try chaning between "High" "Medium" and "Low", in terms of the "Range" setting...

Hi joshua,

I have the same problem with my wireless Mic. Did you managed to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately not. We even had a replacement pair sent to us from our Cisco AM but encountered the issue with that set as well. We eventually abandoned them in favor of the wired mics.

Thank you Joshua for your answer.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: