Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8832NR not registering.

Good day,

I just received some 8832NR phones. I tried to install a couple but I'm getting some errors. I installed the phone like i would any other. The errors im getting on the phone itself is Telephone service unavailable, and the phone is stuck in a "phone is registering" state. On Cucm it shows rejected. The phone is auto registering with DHCP, It retrieves all the IPV4 information, plus the TFTP servers. The active load is the latest at 14.1, My CUCM is currently 12.5 SU6. I have tried deleting the phone from CUCM and re-installed it. All certs are correct, and i have it registering to the local SUB. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Got it.

So when registering the phone i selected the 8832 NR template. For some reason that was causing an mismatch error in CUCM and therefore it was rejected. I changed the template to universal and it worked. Not entirely sure why that worked but it did. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Kindly check the below 

- firmware version. Cucm must have the minimum firmware mentioned on the phone cartoon box.

- if it was used with another call manger,Reset the phone and see.

Response Signature

Yeah, Tried factory resetting the phone a couple times. firmware is latest version from Cisco. Just updated to SU6. Do i have to have a rollback firmware to make this work? Like an older version then try to upgrade it?

What you see on phone  status messages ?

Response Signature

just telephone services unavailable and then phone is registering. but on CUCM it shows registration status as rejected

From phone settings you can see the status messages. 
what exactly you see on the status messages ??

Response Signature

oh i understand i apologize. im not at the phone currently but ill get you that info soon

Got it.

So when registering the phone i selected the 8832 NR template. For some reason that was causing an mismatch error in CUCM and therefore it was rejected. I changed the template to universal and it worked. Not entirely sure why that worked but it did.