cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 Firmware COP File

Patrick Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question, I downloaded the latest firmware COP file for the 88XX series so I can update the firmware for my 8861 phones. It's been two years since I've needed to update firmware and I noticed this COP file ends in a SHA512 file extension and not the SGN I'm used too. Further more, when I downloaded the file into the SFTP directory with other COP files and go to upload the file, CUCM sees the SHA512 file as invalid while the rest of the SGN files are deemed valid. Is this a case where I just need to change the file extension from SHA512 to SGN or is this a case of IOS incompatibility with the newer COP file versions? I'm running CUCM version

11.5.1.12900-21.
5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The README and the RN from the 14.0 firmware clearly state the filename ends in sha512 and that is correct, so no, you are not supposed to alter the filename.

The README provides information and explains this is a new hashing algorithm. 

You need to install a new file in order for CUCM to recognize it, just as when the k3 files were introduced, and which is still mentioned in the README. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not helpful and very condescending , a lot of folks come here very new to the system and look to experts for a little assistance, 

You need the below before installing firmware 14 cop file. 

This COP file can be used to add support for files signed with sha512 to versions that don't support it natively. See the readme for specifics.
ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn

Response Signature

Thank you so much for your assistance! I was having the same issue but this works for me!

This is the kind of answers we are looking for, not the kind of ... search it in the web.. ¬¬

Thanks Nithin, this worked for me.