cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 - SIP phones cannot communicate with TSP 8.0(3.5)

mbstrauss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got an existing environment of CUCM (version 8.0.3.10000-8) with an IPFX server (TSP version - 8.0(3.5), platform - windows 2003)

The existing 7962 and 7942 (sccp) phones work fine but the new  9971 (SIP) phones dont cannot talk to IPFX. I have added the phones to application user on CUCM that is suppose to talk to IPFX (TSP). For some reason 9971's do not synchronize with TSP on IPFX. And because of this CTI does not work.

Firmware on 9971 is sip9971.9-2-1

CTI services were restarted, IPFX was restarted but no luck.

Did any one face similar issue? Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

bruhng1414
Level 1
Level 1

I have met a similar problem with 8800 series Cisco phones with IPFX and CUCM 8.6.2.

Just wondering if you found a resolution to the problem?

thanks

Grant

bobbym
Level 1
Level 1

Did you guys found a way for TSP to recognize SIP phones ( device model 8841 ? )

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Check out this CSCth72640. Did you add "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf"

Symptom:
RT phones with SIP load such as the 99XX series their lines can't be controlled via TSP.

Typically you will not find a DeviceGetLinesReq in the CTI Manager traces for the phone you want to monitor/control. You will see this with SCCP phones.

In Detailed TSP logs you will see "unsupported device" for the particular device.

This is because the proper User Group has not been associated with the TSP Application user.

RT phones require "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf"

Conditions:
Any version of CUCM supporting RT phones.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***