cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A directory line that can be listened to during an active call?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

We have some trainees on our helpdesk and we want to create line appearances so that the trainers can pick up on active calls and monitor how the trainees are handling these calls.

Can this be accomplished without ICC?  Not sure if this requires a call pickup group set up?

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

Hope all is well

Being able to "cut in" on an active call is releated to the Barge/cBarge config settings.

Look for "Single Button Barge"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html#wp1034920

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

Hope all is well

Being able to "cut in" on an active call is releated to the Barge/cBarge config settings.

Look for "Single Button Barge"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html#wp1034920

Cheers!

Rob

HI Rob,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!    Nice to hear from you again .  I have this working now, as always you are THE MAN! 

One last question, is there any way to mute it for the two participants being listened to by the trainer so that the end user calling and the trainee answering the call don't know there is a third party on the line monitoring them?

Please let me know.

Thanks again Rob!

Rgds,

Vicky

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

You are always welcome my friend Happy 2013 to you as well!

Barge notification;

From TAC

In Cisco Communications Manager, the barge beep can be turned off with the Party Entrance Tone service parameter by going to Cisco CallManager administration > Service  > Service Parameter Menu> Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - General) > Party entrance Tone> False

This  parameter determines whether a tone is be played when a party joins or  exits a call with more than two parties. These features play a tone  based on this parameter, so all would be affected:

* Barge
    * cBarge
    * Conference
    * Join
    * Meet-Me conference

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

That takes care of the tone, I actually did this locally on the phone I tested by turning the tone setting to off from default.  However if the person dropping in on the call doesn't mute his phone he will be heard by both parties.  Is there anyway to set this up so that it is automatically muted for the person who is barging in on the call?

I don't think this can be done without call center software but I wanted to check to see if there is any workaround that would achieve this.

Do you know of any?

Rgds,

Vicky