Views
Helpful
Replies

Aastra Dect Integration with CUCM - Registration issue

Stefano Amici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

my customer want to integrate Aastra Dect solution to CUCM 9.1 in order to have dect phones registerd as SIP endpoint to CUCM.

I creted 3 SIP basic endpoint on my CUCM with associated end users with digest credential and configured Aastra master base station with correct CUCM ip address as a SIP registar server and end users digest credential for phones registration.

The strange issue is that on CUCM just one SIP phone is able to registered and if I reboot the master base station or reset the phones on CUCM the phone registerd changes.

From the log I found that the first registration request is accepted from CUCM, while for the others it replied with "NON FOUND" - "Line not configured".

In attach you can find SIP traces sniffed from Asstra master base station and CUCM traces downloaded from RTMT.

Thanks in advance for any support,

Stefano

15 Replies 15

Without having a look at the traces have you configured the SIP phones completly in other word assigned ext to Line 1 and gave it a PT and CSS?

Have you assigend that SIP phone to an end user under user management on the CUCM?

Best Regards

Hi Stefano.

In the trace you posted, I saw that Astra Devices are trying to register with unconfigured DN

"Registering line (61363) not configured"

and in the sip trace you can see a "Not Found" sent by CUCM.

Can you please check the correct configuration of SIP third party phone, digest users (one per device) and Directory Number config?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

I know the best practice in order to configure a SIP client on CUCM infact I configured on CUCM:

1) 3 local end user

Username: 61351

Password, PIN, Digest Credential = 61351

Username: 61363

Password, PIN, Digest Credential = 61363

Username: 61410

Password, PIN, Digest Credential = 61410

2) 3 basic SIP phone with

DeviceName: 000000061351

Digest User: 61351

Directory Number: 61351

DeviceName: 000000061363

Digest User: 61363

Directory Number: 61363

DeviceName: 000000061410

Digest User: 61410

Directory Number: 61410

and on Aastra master base station 3 phone with end user authetication:

Username: 61351

Password: 61351

Line: 61351

Username: 61363

Password: 61363

Line: 61363

Username: 61410

Password: 61410

Line: 61410

The strange issue is that just one registration request, the first one, is accepted by CUCM and the others it replied with Non Found; if I reset all the phones from CUCM web page or reboot the master base station the first SIP registration request change and a different phone is registred on CUCM.

It seems that CUCM accept just one requesta at a time from Astra Base Station.

I also try the same configuration of Aastra Master Base station on a CME and I'm able to see all 3 phones registered.

Hi Stefano.

Did you enabled Digest Authentication on sip third party basic phone security profile?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I tried with and without Digest Authentication enabled on phone security profile with the same results; just one phone registered.

Stefano

Hi Stefano.

Can you please send a sip capture from Astra side and a cucm trace after a reset of the Astra master base?

Thanks..

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,
Both traces are on My first post ( without digest authentication on security profile)

Thank you for your time.

Stefano

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Stefano,

The issue here is that the CUCM needs a unique source IP or source port for each SIP registration.  In your case, all 3 lines are trying to register with the same IP (10.12.2.201) and port (5060).  This results in only the first line registering successfully.  Is there anything you can do on the Aastra side so that each registration will have a unique source port?

Brian

Hi Brian,

thank you for your answer; I asked to Aastra dealer to open a support case in order to understand if this solution is compatible with Cisco CallManager.

I will let you know.

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

we have the same problem of integration between call manager and aastra dect system. Did you manage to solve this problem? Is aastra dect system compatible with call manager?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

unfortunaty aastra is not compatible with last CUCM release; I solve our issue configuring a SIP trunk between CUCM cluster and asstra master station and registering dect phones directly on aastra master station.

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

We are going to have a go this way.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Stefano,

we are trying to reconfigure Aastra DECT system but we can´t configure a SIP trunk inside Aastra . Do you have any guide to configure it?

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: